Mega mileage 16V - but looks like it has air con!

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
Mike E (uk)
4000 rpm

Post by Mike E (uk) »

A friend once had a complete leather interior for sale, I very nearly fitted it in mine, but decided against it because I prefer the non slippy finish & huggy shape of the BX16V seats.

Mike
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

I still keep a sly eye out for a set of leathers for mine as for me it would really finish the car off,
i do love the 16v seats in it and could cope witht he leather's lack of huggingness i think purely for the fact imo leather finishes off the top end cars!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

According to the seller only 500 Bx16v's were imported to the UK hence making them a limited edition :roll:

"the bx16v was imported in limited numbers in the uk only 500 being imported. The car im selling is just one of the 500 as were the ones you have owned.

thanks"

Thats the answer I got when I asked what made it a limited edition, I'm not sure of the official numbers but surely this is not correct.

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

There were only 3,500 phase 2's built, from memory. The UK did get a fairly large proportion of those. I think there were 10,000 phase 1's produced?

Could be right on the number of phase 2's sold in the UK, but it still doesn't make it a limited edition! That suggests there's a 'standard 16V' from which a limited edition run could be produced with natty trim a la Goodwood 309 or a turbo bolt on - now that would've been worth calling limited edition!

I suppose you could call the BX 4TC a limited edition but since that shares barely any parts with a standard BX of the day you'd probably class that as a totally different model....
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Adrian E wrote:I suppose you could call the BX 4TC a limited edition but since that shares barely any parts with a standard BX of the day you'd probably class that as a totally different model....
bar the dash console and some switches, the interior at least is identical. I was also under the impression that the front suspension is perdominantly the same as well. And with only 250 made,they really ARE limited edition (especially as the best percentage of them never seem to have left the factory).
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

My thinking is that a limited edition should at least share the mechanical layout of the standard car, or something close to it. Not a rule of thumb by any means, but the 4TC shares more mechanical parts with a CX than a BX. The engine's the 'wrong' way round also, from memory and of course it's got a 4WD system that's totally different to the BX 4X4 (esp. as I don't believe the BX 4X4 was around when the 4TC was built?)

Having said that Citroen chose to call it a BX, so the 4TC can either be considered a limited edition, or a seperate model in the BX range in its own right, or a homologation special.....
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

In response to my question about the aircon on the car, the seller replied:
The aircon was fine last summer took it to be regassed this year and the man said it was not holding gas the aircon rad has a small hole and needs replacing. So the aircon is currently not working.
Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

If it was working last summer there's a chance it's had the work done to update it to current gas fittings. If not at least the compressor probably still works. The condensor rad isn't expensive to buy.