16v in East Sussex

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

now you see, with mine i have a situation that i never envisaged happening,
every day at the garages driving all maner of different motors, different engine sizes etc soem very fast some dead slow, it was an absolute Joy and pLeasure to get into the cabin of the Ol' Girl and drive home, Nothing not even the 350z's could compare to the comfortand nice ness of the drive, all the beemers i drove solidified for me that No, i would Never own one! awful things to drive, audi's golfs etc, all too over priced and missing something, the nly thing that came close to tiping the balance were the Alfa's! they had the feeling when you get into them that mine does,
and partly due to that the only car that will ever replace the Ol'Girl will be an alfa! but that isnt going to happen for a while!!

would i let it go for the right money, That, i honestly cant say and prolly wont be able to answer unless there is a pile of readies infront of me!

just something about them that gets under the skin, and no i dont mean the LHM! :D
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Mike P wrote:Luke,

You're spot on there. The best examples have been in enthusiasts hands for some time now I would say. Look at the hard core section of membership of this site (and the bxclub) where cars were bought a long time ago with no intention of selling them on.

Mike P.
You called? :D
RobC
3000 rpm

Post by RobC »

agreed. i don't come on here much any more but you can rest assured there's a well-loved (if little cleaned) 16v burning up and down the lower clapton road in east london. hopefully it'll keep going and keep me happy for a long time to come 8)
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

I would happily pay £400-£600 for an engine if i knew where it came from and that it had been looked after, i bought mine complete in a bx, but the shell was worthless so really i was just buying a complete engine and parts. Because i heard the engine running before hand i was happy to pay and with a cambelt and clutch, the car has given me no problems at all for 2 years. I love my car and to sell, i would need £2000 in my hand. The standard car isnt worth that but the way i see it is this is how much i would need to buy a different car that would give me the same thrills. Just because the car these engines normally come from isnt what most people view as exciting, doesnt mean it is worth less than similar units from the likes of ford, vauxhall, etc. Expecially when bolted into a 205, admittedly an excellent little car is created.
I saw this thread late, but that car for sale was a little bit tatty, but we're all car enthusiasts here, a few spray cans to fix the flaky paint, a clean up of the calipers, or even to spend £50 on here to buy another set off someone plus a few other bits and bobs still doesnt make something like the above example a particularly expensive purchase. AND, isnt that part of the fun sometimes, we dont own these complicated cars without knowing the 'risks' involved :lol: Im sure alot of the owners on here will admit their cars are far from perfect, they are cars to be enjoyed, not kept as concours museum pieces as compared to more iconic classics, they arent worth the upkeep, but we'd all want way more than we paid to let go of our cars.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Simran wrote: Im sure alot of the owners on here will admit their cars are far from perfect.
And the rest! Mine needs some SERIOUS lovin, starting with a new garage roof which arrives on Friday afternoon.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

thats going to make one Hell of a spoiler Vanny! :wink:
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!