Leathers. Mmmmm.

Make requests for parts and cars here
Toddman
Administrator

leather

Post by Toddman »

I am wit Vanny oyu don't really slide about that much with leather unless it is in a poor condition and all hard and shiny.

I reckon about another year of Megs leather conditioner an dmine will be in the condition it should be :shock:

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

I love mine, theyre fantastic, my dads is immaculate and really shiny and i do slip about a bit in his, but my set look slightly less shiny and ive got some good leather treatment for them, cant wait to see them in my car.
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Yeah, thanks

:evil:
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

:oops: sorry
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

8) only kidding mate :D

In fact if the leathers weren't a 16v option that gives me an excuse to not bother, and keep this one original. Maybe leathers can wait until I have my firebreathing tuned phase 2. :twisted:

I definitely agree that the leather items aren't as good in terms of comfort and fit as the standard items. I was well impressed when I got my 16v - best seats I've found as standard in any car, to be honest!
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

the leathers WHERE a factory fit option from Citroen for the BX 16v, its jsut they used the GTi base instead of the 16v, i guess thats just an economics thing!

My leathers are factory fit, though i gather not many of the 16v's where bought with them in from the factory and most come from the GTi's (there's no difference!)
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

AFAIK mine were factory fit as i have the door cards aswell and aircon...shame i dont have leather rear headrests :evil:

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Think the leather rear restraints were an option, as were the non-leather (about £50 from memory for cloth?)

I think the number of 16Vs sold with leather and air-con could probably be counted on your fingers, and maybe toes!

I remember going on a course a few years ago and one of the blokes on it had an ex company car with 150k on it then (this was in Newbury) with both leather and air, and it was as rough as a badgers behind - it'd also been written off and repaired twice :shock:

Only other one I can remember with both was one bought for the bumpers a few years back - was the cheapest way to get them and the rest was sold on. Believe the engine was shot so the whole car was about £100.

Both of these were dark grey as well
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

My dads has both :D but the aircon doesnt work, never has since we've owned it.
Toddman
Administrator

leather

Post by Toddman »

Yes leather was an option but I suspect it was an option on the whole range and the rear headrests were also an option in leather or velour.

Mine came from a GTi but I kept my std door cards as I honestly didn't want so much plain black everywhere - seats door card and carpet and plastic trim would have been just too much IMHO.

There was a 16v with leather and AC a year or 2 ago in citronean in the London area IIRC.
Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

i do remember there was a std bx 1.4 ish or billy basicy oil burner on ebay some year or so back that was leathered up, car was fubr'd but selling point was the leather loL! think it was about £50-100?? i think with the options that they were available to all models but it was just the higher end spec'ers that opted for it!
for instance a grands worth of leather on an 8 grand car is a lot extra but on a 14 grand car its not such a big jump of you know what i mean!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!