Genuine rear mud flaps

Make requests for parts and cars here
michael16v
Tick Over

Genuine rear mud flaps

Post by michael16v »

Hi
I am wanting to make my BX16v look all nice again :D . I want the "propper" rear mud/stone flaps. Not the "fit all Citroen" rubber ones, but the hard plastic ones that fit rear wheel arch shape.
I am willing to send money in exchange, although the Australian dollar is not well received over your way at the moment :cry: .
Hope you understand the ones I am after. If I could attach a picture I would - is it possible?
Cheers
Michael
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

The rear ones for a 16v P1 and P2 are the same as a normal BX hatch, but the "contoured" ones are very rare and as you would expect unavailable new, the "blade" type (One size fits most) do show up ffrom tim eto time but again are not available new from Citroen as I have asked.
cossie
4000 rpm

Post by cossie »

1988 16v

2002 S-Type "R" (rocket?)
michael16v
Tick Over

BX mud flaps

Post by michael16v »

Thanks for the replies. I can get the "generic" fits all type here in Australia.
The "contoured" ones are the type I want :) . I have the RHS one intact, but the LHS one was damaged when I parked overnight with the rear over a kerb and it sank down on it.
I thought there might be one on a wreck in the UK? I am still on the lookout here but there are a lot less BXs here.
Cheers
Michael
Toddman
Administrator

mudflaps

Post by Toddman »

tim leech wrote:The rear ones for a 16v P1 and P2 are the same as a normal BX hatch, but the "contoured" ones are very rare and as you would expect unavailable new, the "blade" type (One size fits most) do show up ffrom tim eto time but again are not available new from Citroen as I have asked.
Is that right Tim ?
I was pretty sure that the valver rear mudflaps were unique in the BX range.
IIRC the new genuine set I bought a few years ago stated for the BX 16v and some CX models.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Front ones are, I had a set of countoured bx ones on the rear of the valver and they fitted fine!
michael16v
Tick Over

bump up

Post by michael16v »

Hi
Still looking for a set, or LHS rear, "contoured" rear mudflap to make my BX16v look whole again.
Cheers
Michael
docchevron1472
4000 rpm

Re: mudflaps

Post by docchevron1472 »

Toddman wrote:
tim leech wrote:The rear ones for a 16v P1 and P2 are the same as a normal BX hatch, but the "contoured" ones are very rare and as you would expect unavailable new, the "blade" type (One size fits most) do show up ffrom tim eto time but again are not available new from Citroen as I have asked.
Is that right Tim ?
I was pretty sure that the valver rear mudflaps were unique in the BX range.
IIRC the new genuine set I bought a few years ago stated for the BX 16v and some CX models.

Cheers
Luke
P1 rears are the same as any other BX.
P2 rears are unique to P2's (maybe CX's aswell, although I dont actually know).

Alas, I aint got any spare mate, but if I come across any, I'll let ya know.
1990 BX 16v Phase 2
1989 BX TD hybrid
1971 BL 350FG Ambulance (unique)
1993 Dennis Lance 132
That's when I reach for my Revolver
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

Just buy a fibre glass repair kit and salvage the old ones-easy repair and tidy up. Gonna have to do the same with my P2 bumpers-someone siliconed them together as a repair!!!!!!!!!!!
Would rather be driving ONE 16v,than fixng TWO.
michael16v
Tick Over

Rear mud flaps for p2 16v

Post by michael16v »

Still looking. Anyone got them?
Cheers from nice warm Australia :lol:
michael16v
Tick Over

Re: Rear mud flaps for p2 16v

Post by michael16v »

Still after the genuine rear mub flap for the P2 16v. Now willing to sacrifice my first born :lol:
Seriously, I want to get the 16v back to looking the best, so if you have one of these genuine rear LHS, or both preferably, mud flaps I will buy it.
Here is a pic of the good RHS one. Need the LHS.

michael16v wrote:Still looking. Anyone got them?
Cheers from nice warm Australia :lol:
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

I have many in stock, the black ones with the chevrons and 3 reflectors
which are for the XM but its practically fitted to all my cars.
michael16v
Tick Over

Post by michael16v »

surjit25 wrote:I have many in stock, the black ones with the chevrons and 3 reflectors
which are for the XM but its practically fitted to all my cars.
Mate, I am not sure the ones you have are the correct ones that are fitted to the P2 16v rear. These ones are made specifically for this car, as they are shaped to the 16v bumper, and as far as I know do not fit any other car. I can get the standard "one size fits all" rubber mud flap
; but the ones I want are a hard plasic type with a molded shape that exactly fits the inside curve of the P2 rear bumper.
That said, could you post a pictue or 2 of one not fitted to a car showing the shape. If it is the correct one I am definately interested, and so might others as they are obviously hard to get.
Cheers
Michael
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

No they are not the moulded type but a flat type.
Will try to take a pic and post here.