Inlet manifold gasket

Make requests for parts and cars here
csg100
3000 rpm

Inlet manifold gasket

Post by csg100 »

Has anyone got an inlet manifold gasket going spare?

Could also use the throttle body to manifold gasket too.

Trying to avoid going to the dealership as I've now been waiting 6 weeks for a part and they're starting to annoy me now, not to mention they'll probably charge a fortune!!! ECP or GSF dont seem to list the gaskets by themselves, so if anyone's got one give me a shout

Cheers
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
1988 Volvo 360 GLT (for sale)
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi,
You are right about GSF /ECP, they're main dealer only. Just done mine @ £5.76 for the pair, part no. 0348.G4 - they come in qty (2), which is what you'll require.
Cheers
tecw1979

Post by tecw1979 »

ive just done mine at 7quid the pair from euro car parts... main dealer said they could only supply a complete head set!
csg100
3000 rpm

Post by csg100 »

That's a bit better than I expected. The rocker cover gasket I've just bought has cost about £25 in total which is a complete rip off IMHO!

Although if tecw says you can get them from ECP I might try them first.

Cheers guys
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

My Dad's waiting for a new inlet gasket after changing the starter motor - dealer says it's on back order....... :?
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

i got one last month for what is now Tim2cv's car, was meant to be a two day wait, but turned up next day from Citroen Caledonia in Chester. perhaps i go tthe last of them?

If you have the originals and some gasket material you could just make up your own!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

When I ordered mine from the main dealer I was told they had 198 off in stock, and mine came next day.

When I tried ECP they said it was main dealer only :?
Toddman
Administrator

gaskets

Post by Toddman »

It is shocking the lack of quality service in this country :(
I had no trouble getting the TB to manifold gasket from my independant citroen garage but most of his stuff comes via the local main dealer anyway.

If you are struggling and need parts quickly it is always worth considering people like QEP and HiFlowHeads as tehy often have parts in stock

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
csg100
3000 rpm

Re: gaskets

Post by csg100 »

I ordered 2 temp sensors and a rocker cover gasket in July. Rocker cover gasket was on the shelf but the sensors had to be ordered in and it would take 2 days. Paid for eveything.

Went in 2 days later (after work so in rush hour) and they weren't there. Phoned the week after and still not there and they said they'd phone me. Starting to get annoyed after another week so phoned again but still not in. Tried to order some more gaskets but they couldnt work out which ones they were and said I needed to come down to point them out on the parts diagrams, and agreed to do that when the other parts came in.

Eventually got a call on holiday a few weeks ago asking if I still wanted my parts as they were waiting for me. So went down last week to find only 1 sensor was there. Luckily I went armed with a part number for the other gaskets so got them ordered too. Over a week later and I still haven't heard anything.

Lack of quality service is an understatement!!
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi
I ordered 2 temp sensors and a rocker cover gasket in July. Rocker cover gasket was on the shelf but the sensors had to be ordered in and it would take 2 days. Paid for eveything.
These guys should not be asking for payment up front. :x

You are quite right about the quality of service. I have the option of going to Citroen near work (Bury) or in Bolton where I live. The guy in the parts dep't in Bolton is excellent, and even rings me when the part is in. However, the dealer in Bury has a less than helpfull assistant and it looks like clicking the mouse is too much trouble for the slob - especially when he hears the word BX. :x :evil: :evil:
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Most dealerships I've dealt with have asked for payment up front, so wouldn't worry there.

Your best bet would have been to source a head set, they've got it all.

I used gasket sealant when I changed mine first time around with no problems at all. I've used cornflakes boxes to make them in the past aswell!
Last time I had a full set luckily, so now its got them all but the heads coming apart this winter no doubt so I'll be bodging again! :lol:
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

I dont even ring the citroen dealer anymore as they are hopeless, theguy in parts hadent even heard of a BX!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

thats becuase most of them seem to think the saxo is the only car citroen make lol!
most of my bits like that come from my local factors as the guys up there do know what htere doing now lol! after telling them that its a 1.9 16v, 'petrol or deisel' urrr! petrol doofus lol! was a bit shaky to start with but now they all know me enough not to have to trail through the book heheheheh!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
csg100
3000 rpm

Post by csg100 »

Well I've phoned all my local foctors (including ECP) and no luck so far. One reckoned he had a manifold set for the 16v and was gonna phone me back but never did.

Think I might just buy a sheet of gasket material and make my own as I'm fed with the dealer and don't wanna order any more bits and wait even longer!
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

I wonder why it's so hard to get, it's the same one as in the first zx/xantia/306 16v, probably even as in the later xsara and 306s.
Honda Civic Type S