Genuine NOS downpipe

Make requests for parts and cars here
djoptix
4000 rpm

Genuine NOS downpipe

Post by djoptix »

Having just bought Robin's Powerflow stainless system for the 16v I could do with a downpipe to go with it. It needs to have the correct, ie full length, split it in. I think Walker did one that was correct. There are quite a few with a shortened split which robs torque, so I need a real one.

Corrosion in or around the first box is OK, as I will (apparently) be cutting it to fit the Powerflow system, but the split and the top half need to be in good condition.

Please PM me if you have one, or have the number of the guys who were selling them on Ebay (but aren't now - I should have bought one when I had the chance :( )

Cheers!
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

When I had the full powerflow stainless system fitted to my old Phase 1, we did the following:

Retained the original downpipe and cut if off where it levels off before the first front silencer.

We did this as I wanted to retain an OE downpipe with the correct divider within it.

Is this an option for you or is yours past it's best?

The OE downpipes are made of thick steel and I've always been of the belief that they will last the lifetime of the car.

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Hey Mike - you're right, that is the best option. I'm only after another one because a) they're getting harder and harder to get hold of, and b) just in case the Powerflow system is so loud that there are certain situations where a swap back to std might be needed.

I think the one I have on at the moment is Walker but I'm unsure of the condition. The last one I had split open in the middle, and I'm worried the current one might be going the same way. I need to put the weld across the top. Ideally I'm after an OE one but Kitch has another Walker, apparently...
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."