BX 4x4

Make requests for parts and cars here
Simran
4000 rpm

BX 4x4

Post by Simran »

This is going to sound stupid after all the time i spent trying to sell my 4x4 a year or so ago. My friend Chris who owns it now won't sell it back to me because he is determined to do a good job of getting it perfect and im after a banger really.

What i am looking for is a gti 4x4, condition not important. The idea is to take apart a transfer box and redesign the drive flanges and satellite gear holder as part of my next dissertation to handle turbo'd mi16 power, with the intention of actually getting them manufactured, fitted and the whole drivetrain fitted to a shell with an mi16 engine.
I am also interested in just the running gear on its own or even just a transfer box and gear box, in which case i would like an mi16x4 one if anyone knows where i might find one.
Vanny
Web Support

Re: BX 4x4

Post by Vanny »

Simran wrote: The idea is to take apart a transfer box and redesign the drive flanges and satellite gear holder as part of my next dissertation
This has been done recently, there is a thread on BXProject
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

Thats what started me back off on the subject, but hes had a new bit of spline welded on and i dont want to do it that way, plus thats not enough for a dissertation, so i have the opportunity to possibly manufacture a whole new shaft set. Is it the same guy who has posted on BXclub, thats where i actualy saw the thread, im assuming its the same one.