7" round spotlights

Make requests for parts and cars here
exvalver
Tick Over

7" round spotlights

Post by exvalver »

Anyone got a pair or two of these knocking about? Cibie or Hella would be good. But anything really. Must be complete, but covers not essential (unless Cibie). Yellow a bonus. e-mail me at citroenclassicATbtopenworld.com ta!

Phil
Long-term BX-owner (had a Ph.1 and a Ph.2 in the recent past). Currently: GTi 8v, 219k miles (!), XM 2.0CT Exclusive.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

You have me intrigued, not for a Bx I guess :?:

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
exvalver
Tick Over

Post by exvalver »

No, it's a project I'm trying to get sorted for 2011, and take on the 2012 Citroen Classic Challenge.

Actually, this is more accurately what I hope to do.

Now that 'Kermit', my team-mate and I have the MSA Blue Book at hand - but as yet no firm deal on a workshop :( - it is more likely to be a project that, from the roots up, will be a viable car for some Classic Rallying action.

The original, 1973-76 'works' Citroën GS, weighing in at 950kg developed a breathtaking (lol!) 83 bhp/5750 rpm (torque; 112nm/3250rpm). That's not a lot, but considering it's a 1222cc air-cooled flat-four it's not too bad. But anyone who has ever driven a cooking GS will know that would make for an exciting drive. The car I'm due to get has an on-paper output of 59 bhp. So there's one challenge straightaway. But the main challenge will be in ensuring we have a strong, reliable and (potentially) competitive car. Oh, and make a usable road car too that is up to 1,650 miles of mixed driving in France (check out http://web.me.com/macksy/The_PHILIBUSTE ... lcome.html )

Here's another couple of pics to illustrate why I might need all those lights...

And here's the car I intend to get very soon to do the work on:

Long-term BX-owner (had a Ph.1 and a Ph.2 in the recent past). Currently: GTi 8v, 219k miles (!), XM 2.0CT Exclusive.
exvalver
Tick Over

Post by exvalver »

Well, you did ask ... :lol: :roll:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I'm glad I did ask, very interesting project :D

Having read your Classic Challenge information on the BxClub site, I'd assumed you were going to do it in a Bx :?:

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
exvalver
Tick Over

Post by exvalver »

No, something different this time! It's open to ALL Citroëns you see. There's a DS, an SM and a couple of Xantias signed up in addition to a Visa (possibly) and a smattering of BXs.