16v coolant hose

Make requests for parts and cars here
roderick3
Tick Over

16v coolant hose

Post by roderick3 »

hopefully somebody can help me out. I'm looking for my valver for the thick coolant hose on the RHD side of the car that runs from the radiator to behind the engine to some kind of hose collector. The hose has a thin coolant hose connected near the radiator. the citroen number is 96029479.

the hose on my valver is in very bad condition and looks like it has been fixed in the past. citroen doesn't supply it anymore (nfp) :(
bx 16v phase2 with original and working A/C and sunroof
soupapes
4000 rpm

Post by soupapes »

If the pipe you're looking is the number 6, you can replace it for the one from the BX 19D wich is similar and only require some small and easy modifications to feet the 16V engine, you only need to cut the excess of pipe:

Part number is: 95640596
91' Citroën BX GTi 16v
roderick3
Tick Over

Post by roderick3 »

indeed that looks like a quite nice solution. Are you sure the diameter is the same? and how did you connect the small hoses together? With some kind of connector pipe or?
bx 16v phase2 with original and working A/C and sunroof
soupapes
4000 rpm

Post by soupapes »

roderick3 wrote:indeed that looks like a quite nice solution. Are you sure the diameter is the same? and how did you connect the small hoses together? With some kind of connector pipe or?
Yes the diameter in the large hose is the same, i used that pipe to feet my valver.

To join the small hoses i used some inox pipe, and i also used some plastic bracelet to secure the small pipe to the alternator mount, to prevent the pipe of touching the alternator belt.

Here it is some pictures of the pipe installed in my car:
91' Citroën BX GTi 16v
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

on the pug cars that lower pipe has a Metal section in where the belt pully is on the bottom there, i did the mod on mine as you may find it rubbs ont he ARB end just on the end of the bend in the pipe fromt he back of the engine,
seen here on mine http://www.bx16valve.co.uk/forum/garage ... mage_id=34
i think the pug part is about a tenner something like that??
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!