WANTED Mi16 engine and loom

Make requests for parts and cars here
Vanny
Web Support

WANTED Mi16 engine and loom

Post by Vanny »

Looking for a Mi16 loom and engine and probably fuel pump cheap, anybody have one lurking about?

(and no, its not a wind up!)
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

I hope you're thinking of doing what i hope?

i have a fuel pump and loom but theyre still in the car, how quickl/desperate for them?
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

my head gasket is missing! THinking i might save a fair few quid on insurance with a mi16 (then blow it all with no economy!), and i went to the garage this morning to find petrol at 88.9ppl which has to be tempting!

Derv engine is over pressurising, spitting out all the water then over heating! Has gone past 110degrees 7 times in the alst 2 hundred miles!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Vanny you know you want to!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
tecw1979

Post by tecw1979 »

v6 mate:P

got the engine loom and ecus ect for 250 a peice... i only need 1...
Mike E (uk)
4000 rpm

Post by Mike E (uk) »

PULP is now down to 86.9 down here-yippee!
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Vanny wrote:my head gasket is missing! THinking i might save a fair few quid on insurance with a mi16 (then blow it all with no economy!), and i went to the garage this morning to find petrol at 88.9ppl which has to be tempting!

Derv engine is over pressurising, spitting out all the water then over heating! Has gone past 110degrees 7 times in the alst 2 hundred miles!
Put the Mi back in, give in the engine it deserves! :lol:

Plus mine pulled 181 miles out of £20 worth of petrol the other week, they're not as thirsty as you might think. Involved driving like a vicar, but still it was cheap!! :oops:
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Good going Kitch, hoping mine will be that economical once I've sorted the exhaust! My girlfriend has a 1 litre Polo and is constantly amazed at how much petrol my car drinks :oops:

footnote: look at us comparing economy, on the 16v forum... what have we become?! :shock:
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

djoptix wrote:
footnote: look at us comparing economy, on the 16v forum... what have we become?!
Older and wiser perhaps :?:

I find myself watching Grumpy Old Men / Women tuting along in agreement and I'm only 27 :shock: :lol:

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

djoptix wrote:footnote: look at us comparing economy, on the 16v forum... what have we become?! :shock:
I'm 23 going on 45
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Its looking VERY much like i might be returning to a petrol after all! This will be the first petrol i have had and indeed driven any great distance! Petrol is the devils fuel and if i can find a decent reason to put another diesel engine in i will, but so far its NOT looking good for the dirty fuel :(
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Vanny wrote:Its looking VERY much like i might be returning to a petrol after all! This will be the first petrol i have had and indeed driven any great distance! Petrol is the devils fuel and if i can find a decent reason to put another diesel engine in i will, but so far its NOT looking good for the dirty fuel :(
The devil is alot more interesting than all that "God" stuff :wink:
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Kitch wrote:
The devil is alot more interesting than all that "God" stuff :wink:

the Who?, no wait thats a band! :D

Thus far its looking interesting, and have foudn that with a 16v engine i can get fully comp insurance allowing me to drive other cars for less than what i'm paying at the moment! Something i really like the idea off!

Engine, loom, fuel pump, exhaust, ancillaries, fuel tank (drain and flush) new filler neck (just sold one too!), HP Pump, HP Pump piping, FDV :( any body think of anything else? Gonna keep the current TD rad/fans setup as its a HUGE improvement over the original (enough to keep a blown HG cool!)
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

No way of fitting your Xantia pump to the D6C mate? That'd be cool!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Other than making a mount and sticking it above the gearbox AND changing the pulley AND making a custom pipe, then not mcuh chance in hell really :( WOuld prefer it, really changed the responce time of the 19rd's hydraulics without any significant explosions of hydraulic pipes!