Front flexible brake hoses

Make requests for parts and cars here
pete crane
Tick Over

Front flexible brake hoses

Post by pete crane »

Hi good BX people,

I have been sharing my story about getting my great BX16V back on the road - done a couple of thousand miles now and enjoying every minute. My mechanic (all I can do is drive - I can't fix...) tells me that my front flexi brake hoses urgently need to be replaced - but he says that he has been unable to source any. I went on e bay and quickly found some new boxed parts - used the e bay car check system (my car reg number) and the computer said that the parts would fit my car - but when my mechanic went to fit them they were not right and could not be used.

Can anyone help me to buy or locate the correct parts please - my car is G441AKX - a 1990 phase 2 16v - all bog standard but in great condition (I have owned it since 1995 and it has always been professionally maintained). I am happy to get some uprated braided hoses made if that is the only way forward - again if you could help me to specify what I need that would be a big help.

If you have some new ones for sale just let me know and name your price - I will buy them !

Thank you,

Pete
awaiting return of my beloved BX 16V from professional restoration due back spring 2012. Looking for mint 1990 drivers seat in the stripey white and black pattern to replace mine which is looking slightly worn after 140k miles of me sitting in it.
Vanny
Web Support

Re: Front flexible brake hoses

Post by Vanny »

you can rework non ABS ones to fit

have a read here

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... d9fc925b3b