LHM distribution block (under gearbox)

Make requests for parts and cars here
pete crane
Tick Over

LHM distribution block (under gearbox)

Post by pete crane »

In order to pass my MOT I have been told I need another LHM distribution block as mine is blocked and leaking. I live in the Preston area and would be happy to pay a good price if I could get one of these quickly - anybody got a good one sat clean and ready to be collected/posted. Of course I have cash waiting but not the £500+ that this part costs from a Citroen dealer ! Help please.....Cheers Pete 01772 813227
awaiting return of my beloved BX 16V from professional restoration due back spring 2012. Looking for mint 1990 drivers seat in the stripey white and black pattern to replace mine which is looking slightly worn after 140k miles of me sitting in it.
cavmad
Tick Over

Post by cavmad »

Pete, got your pm (and replied), expect a phone call anytime now from one of the lads!
Recovery, delivery/collection and scrap and unwanted vehicles collected West Cheshire area. Cash paid for most abandoned, unwanted and scrap vehicles if local, anything considered.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

called!

We think this is the Priority Valve, which Citroen still stock and sell for £75, but will wait to speak to the garage in the morning to resolve just exactly what a distribution block is!

I havent a clue what else it could be (we got the description second hand), there is a an aledged leak behind the gearbox. Octopus has been done very recently, so only other thing i can think of is perhaps the pinion?

My bet is the bleed pipe from the priority valve isn't returning fluid and has failed, probably needs the official citroen repair using washer hose!

Anybody any other thoughts on what this could be?
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Pete has it sorted now but I think it's calle the security valve, or it was round here anyway - for anyone else that has the problem!

My "security valve return pipe" went a while ago...
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

security valve = priority valve. God knows where it grew the name security valve (i call it that most of the time) as it has nothing to do with security :D

Anywhoo turned out it was the FDV that was at fault, Pete collected a spare from me and hed an MOT within 24 hours! Chineese whispers what made it sound like it was the security valve