BX GTi 8v Turbo?????

Have you spotted a BX 16valve on your travels or on TV or in the press? Post details here.
NZ16v
3000 rpm

BX GTi 8v Turbo?????

Post by NZ16v »

Someone living over here in Auckland, claims to own a very rare FACTORY GTI 8v turbo.I havent seen it, but the guy who found it swore it was a turbo, not a diesel-and cant get pics uploaded just yet.Does anyone know of such a vehicle,say as a limited run in France? Its black with black leather interior,rare as hell over here just having leather, let alone a snail under the hood!!!! I think the owner is talking pork pies and has done it himself, or its a turboD, but still, am interested!!!!
Would rather be driving ONE 16v,than fixng TWO.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

not heard of a factory one but thats not to say it isnt! i knoe the french had the 'sport' model which has the flared front wings, different rear arch covers and ran on a carb'd engine which wasnt available here so who knows!
couod also have been a citroen specialests toy?? occasionally they will build a demo car thats approved by the manufacturer which happened oveer here with the saxo when it first came out??

but any more details cant be a bad thing hey!

vanyy and luke may know a little more as both have delved deeper into the model history??
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

It was a CX gti turbo2. how you can mistake the two models is beyond me. The guy must have been on crack.Anyway, i know where i mint one of those is now :D
Would rather be driving ONE 16v,than fixng TWO.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

haha! excellent! they dont even look similar at a glance!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Ive seen a turbo unit offerd on ebay for a 1.6/1.9i XU 8v lump which went for stilly money so maybe that?