Wahahoooooooooooooooooooo!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Wahahoooooooooooooooooooo!

Post by Timmo »

Just been out in the car to take pops (in his car) to pick up a matress for my brother as its down my way and pops dropped in to see his grandaughter, case of two birds one stone and all, so he can drop it off on his way home, :roll:
Anyways the point of my post! As i was on my lonesome in the car on the return (which is the first time i havent had the secondry rev limiter in it for a while!!!), i was able to 'Give it some' on the way home!
And My word, i had forgotten quite HOW MUCH FUN it is to crack her off the limiter in a few of the gears! (not breaking the limit as i'm a good boy!!! :D :twisted: :wink: ) oh my wordy the smile on my face sais it all! the wife knew i had been up to mischief when i walked back in!!!
I love it!!! sorry to the nice looking s2 rst! didnt really know what hit him (not litrally hit him of course!!) when the road went to two lanes! and then off the roundabout, and the next round about after another 2 lane stretch! deary me! i kept slowing for him to catch up again!!!! :D :D :D he wasnt looking quite so chuffed as me! heheheh!

so anyways i am back in love with my car again!
Wahahooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sounds like a blast those RST's dont muck about too much either.
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Nice one Timmo, i know exactly what you mean :twisted: :P

reanimation wrote:Sounds like a blast those RST's dont muck about too much either.
The RST IMO is only a usefull tool if it has been tuned a reasonable amount, a standard BX16v will wipe the floor with a standard RST all day long :D .

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

Reminds me of the days when my car was still running :wink:
Honda Civic Type S
Toddman
Administrator

blast

Post by Toddman »

hehe they are a superb motor when on song 8)
The RS is an easy scalp but still damn good fun none the less :P there are not many run of the mill cars that can compete with the BX that's why we love 'em so much

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sounds like I have had my eyes and ears welded shut for a long time.

Sounds like the perfect tool for what i need...
Toddman
Administrator

Post by Toddman »

reanimation wrote:Sounds like I have had my eyes and ears welded shut for a long time.

Sounds like the perfect tool for what i need...
You won't be disappointed these cars a very special 8)

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

Good man Timmo :-)

I especially like, and only just got the 'secondary rev limiter' comment :roll: how true :?

Anyway, after a week or so of driving the Primera I took the BX out to stretch her legs at the weekend, felt great, and so much power as compared to the Primera - being away from it makes you appreciate it that much more, living with it day in and day out, you get a bit used to it if you know what I mean - everyone who owns one should own a mundane car as well!

Dan
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

This is everyday for me :lol:

Todays victim was a jonned up ZX Volcane TD.....he got owned big time!

Couple of days ago I wasted a brand new Ibiza Cupra, guessing it was the TD as it was unless off the line.

Oh, a Merc CLK230K yesterday, couldn't undertake me up a sliproad no matter how much he tried!

And a couple of 325i's a few weeks back.....I had to back off behind one of them or I'd have hit him!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

My missus thinks we're going fast in the BX even when travelling under the speed limit :? So now she's officially banned from the beast. :D
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

Im all excited about getting mine back on the road now, i havent driven one properly for ages, and it wasnt a good one at that. Since then ive driven mundane cars and i really cant wait to get behind the wheel of a 16v again.

Plus im loving the list so far of cars i will be b able to beat :twisted:
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hey guys,
i think dan's right, if you drive these every day you might lose the massive smile you get when you floor the gas and see all the extremely dissapointed boy racers in saxo's etc in your rear view mirror. i wonder how these young lads then explain to their girls that "yes the car in front is a 16 year old citroen, that just made me and me revving at the lights look like a t*t"." na you could never get bored with the look of disbelief on all these bmw 320 drivers faces. the bx 16v is one of these cars that doesnt look very fast as standard i think this is why so many people think they can beat it at the lights. its funny when boy racers after being thrashed by one come back for more embarracing moments in front of their friends when further down the road they ask what kind of car it is etc, the best part is when i'd tell them its standard and i got it for free from a mate!!!! :D 8) :lol: :wink:

i really do love it, even though i cant drive it myself, :cry: :cry:

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
docchevron1472
4000 rpm

Post by docchevron1472 »

Hi all. I think the impressive car I ever dusted was a Kangeroo Impreza Turbo. Ok I caught him by surprise but once I was past and applying lots of lead to the go pedal he never got past and looked extremely upset!
Cheers
Chris G
1990 BX 16v Phase 2
1989 BX TD hybrid
1971 BL 350FG Ambulance (unique)
1993 Dennis Lance 132
That's when I reach for my Revolver
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

nice to see you here cochevorn!
yeah agreed that its possible to get the imp's but you have to get the head start! but once oging its not as easy as they think to get past!!!!
brother loves them in the v6! had a very disgruntled one up to 140 on the clock (private road of course!! - its dangerous to go that fast on the public highway! :P :D ) they both eased off at the saeme time and pulled off at the same junction then imp boy wound the window dow to see what bro's was lol!! (has the lookof a 1.8 from the out side!)
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Timmo wrote:yeah agreed that its possible to get the imps
I read this post without looking above, I was thinking - Hillman Imps? Maybe they have bike engines...? :shock:
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."