Why we do it!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Why we do it!

Post by Timmo »

Have been using the car a lot this past week with visiting the wife in the local hsopital (15 mile down the road), the day time have had littlun with me so take it steady back a long the coast road but in the evenings its been me on my own! :twisted: The coast road is 8 miles long (the rest is through town), and full of fast bends and straights, and Beutiful scenery! ive always liked the raod for fast blasting in the ol' Girl but this week have fallen in love with it big time! Its effectively 8 miles of 4-7k in third and 4th 8) with some lovely open bends! (60-70mph) get out the car when i get home with the amazing feeling of happyness and a massive love for the car! :shock: :D the noise it makes keeping it above 4k and the sure footedness gives that fantastic feeling of a crackign drive and hte need to share it with my fellow 16v'er peeps!
every day for the past week i have been giving it beans and the more i do it , the more i want to! :D

Felt the need to share this!!! :twisted:

if in doubt go and give your motor some beens!:D
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
csg100
3000 rpm

Re: Why we do it!

Post by csg100 »

Timmo wrote: if in doubt go and give your motor some beens!:D
I wish I could, but the car's locked in my garage with no tax, no MoT, no front bumper and leaking LHM all over the floor :(

If this damn rain would let up I might be able to start getting it back up-together!
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
1988 Volvo 360 GLT (for sale)
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery
Jezziebx16v

Re: Why we do it!

Post by Jezziebx16v »

csg100 wrote:
Timmo wrote: if in doubt go and give your motor some beens!:D
:cry: Not used mine in a month now, what with my busted arm but she goes in for a cambelt and radius arm bearings in the next week or so, so on its return I will service her and give it a jolly good spanking 8) .

Its probably done my a favour not driving it for a while........gonna feel pretty quick after 6 weeks off.

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.