Mot at 1pm!!!!!!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Mot at 1pm!!!!!!

Post by Timmo »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :?
well its that time of year! The ol' girl will be off down the mot station at lunch time! Have no idea on its chances as havent had time to get under and have a poke! (sounds rude that! get under an Ol' french gilr and have a poke! :D ) did check the wheels for play etc and they seemed fine and cleaned the lower bits of the engine of any grime yesterday to hide any leaks hehehe! so Who knows! fingers crossed hey!
Am going to take the littlun ofr a walk to the beach from the mot place as its not far and it will help keep my mind of it some more heheheh!

Will let you know the out come a little later! :)
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

She Failed! :cry: :cry: :cry:

offside obligatory mirror seriously dmaged, affecting the rear view (wing mirror glass!)

Nearside headlamp aim too high and too far to the left,

Offside headlamp aim too high and too far to the left,

Offside front tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm!

Nearside Constant Velocity gaiter split.

so cra is goign up to mechanics on thrursday for cv boot, am goignt o go out and do the lights in a mo! and get amirror glass too! have a spare alloy in the boot with a good tyre on it! but doesnt hold air that well so thats going on for the retest!

had a couple of advisories on the rear tyres as they are worn close to legal limit (on one edge!)
frotn pads wearign thin, and childseat fitted so coulndt test rear belt!

not to bad all in all! could have been worse!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

We forget there now old cars, and yours does get driven with "vigour" :wink: so I think youve done well. Still cheaper than a new motor!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

thats not too bad, should go through easy enough. i hate to think what my ph1 might fail on. will be the first time it gets a good going over! :evil:

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

haha! yeah she does get used as god intended! :twisted:
normally i would have done the little bits before but as the wife isnt able to lift and carry amnything at the mo i havent had time what with the littlun, but have done the mirro, adjusted the lights, (although not 100% sure on what he meant by too far to the left! as that surely cant be a bad thing! and the angle hasnt been touched since he set them up 2 years ago!) have a spare alloy and tyre to go on, so effectively its going to cost me for the cv boot (£6, ) and labour at my mech's (about a tenner!) so including the mot fee its going to come in at less than £70! so cant moan at that! 8)
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Got me a big green sheet of A4 now! wahooooo! gave the Ol' Girl some Complimentary Beens up the hill onthe way back home too! :D
happy days!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
SimonA
Tick Over

Post by SimonA »

It's funny how that green sheet inspires grin inducing drives home :D Well done ... I really should venture into Cornwall soon I even hear they have fine real ales
... and there are unknown unknowns
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Apparently so! am not a real ale drinker am affraid! but we do have a few good brewers down here, Sharps and Skinners are prolly the best two, there are of course the St.austell brewery ones (Walter hicks brewery is another name for it! - there Wlater hicks Rum is very nice!) but i ther eare not so popular down here! ( i went to school next to the brewery! love the smell of hops!)

But that said, there is nothing quite like sitting at either a pub on the beech or on the quayside having a nice pint watching the totty ooops world go by!! :D
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!