How many BX's left?

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Anonymous

How many BX's left?

Post by Anonymous »

Does anyone know the official figures for the number of BXs left on UK's roads? Also, how many are 16Vs ??
Thanks
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

dont know officially but i would have thought that there are around the 500 figure of 16v's left in the uk now?!?!
judging by the amount we lost a couple of years ago to engine donors!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

A couple of years ago Jon (Now from the BX CLUB forum) gave us a figure of 1230 (16V's) I think it was.
That included Sorn'd cars though.

Maybe someone should give him a prod and see if he can give us a latest figure.

Dan
AlanS
3000 rpm

Post by AlanS »

Well as a bit of a guide from this side of the pond, I went to an annual French car day in Brisbane last weekend (wished I'd have stayed at home, but that's another story) :roll: at the University of Queensland campus, where they get a lot of area to basically display as many cars as they wish.
There were heaps of the usual, Tractions, Ds, CXs, an SM, a couple of XMs, GSs etc along with C4s, C5s and Xantias, but BXs????? I found a somewhat daggy 19GT with Peugeot wheel trims, end of story.
I had tried to get a bit of interest in the 25 years of BXs theme and aussiefrogs stand had the only BXs there apart from the GT. There was 2 X 16Vs and a TZi. My son decided to take his VTS and the one who owns the TZi is now working in Brisbane, so it had to be left at home.
This weekend, the New South Wales club have their event and they too have tried to get a BX theme going although it should be better with them as they are more of a club than a clique wheich better describes the Queensland club.
Even CX owners are barely tolerated in their company. :shock:

Alan S