Who's on the road (or could be), who is Not?

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

its all because its your car V man! you can do countless things for other cars and them be spot on every time but try it on your own and thats it! recipe for disaster matey! hahah!
you'll just have to keep telling your self, 'Its because its French!'
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

cossie wrote:I have changed a rear sensor before.Admit it aint easy job but can be done.
This sounds quite worrying, I have a new sensor for mine. Still have to fit it. Did not expect it to be too hard. I know they corrode in the arm though which I understand can be the cause of failure itself. Did you need to take the arm off?
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
cossie
4000 rpm

Post by cossie »

No I never took the arm off.Its just a bit fiddely.Not a lot of room.
1988 16v

2002 S-Type "R" (rocket?)
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

i've got a lovely bit of clean paper that says i can have another year with the car on the road! GET IN, nothing like tactical bodging!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

hahah! nice one Vanny!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

cossie wrote:No I never took the arm off.Its just a bit fiddely.Not a lot of room.
Fiddley I am OK with, Thanks Cossie
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
cossie
4000 rpm

Post by cossie »

Had my 16v running today,alas shes still up on axle stands.But she started first time !!
I have fitted twin fans,but need to know how to wire them up.
New rad needs to go in and still to sort out the octopus pipes,leaking.Then I can MOT her to see what might need doing.
Also maybe change the discs now,as shes been laid up so long.
But she runs and sounds great.What with doing Iains work,I dont get time to get mine on the road.
When I get her on the road,it'll be the work car,I think as my wife wont go in it.She would rather go out in the Jag.Snob :lol:
1988 16v

jayboy
Tick Over

Post by jayboy »

Hi all! Guilty as charged for not visiting often enough!

Currently on the road in a sweet red phase 2 I bought last week with only 42k on the clock. Needs a good clean and the paintwork need sorting out but it's rock solid and well cared for overal. Also need to fit a phase 2 front bumper as the original was replaced with a phase 1 unit a couple of years back after a minor incident.

Still have my white phase 1 which is waiting for me to fit replacement front and rear subframes after I bent them when I crashed it - can't believe that was 2 years ago! The replacements have been removed from my phase 2 parts donor (a black phase 2 which was my first valver) and hopefully I won't find a twisted bodyshell when I come to fit them. Just need a couple of spare days of good weather...

Also awaiting a return to the road is my grey phase 2 which was a freebie last year. It was fitted with with a 1.7TD engine years ago so is possibly bmy ultimate BX being good looking, economical and not too tardy! It needs a new windscreen and some other odd jobs as well as refitting an interior because a rat ate the last one - never figured out how it was getting in the car!

And finally I have a second black phase 2 which came free with the red one I got last week. Not checked it out in detail but reckon it's scrap. May use in the engine to return the turbodiesel back to original spec though.
Toddman
Administrator

valvers

Post by Toddman »

Hi Jay
That's a good collection you got going there :D
I just got back from mt citroen parts man with a new thermostat housing and brass bleed screw to replace the broken one that my bro destroyed lkast week so if all goes to plan I will be getting tax tomorrow then attending Stratford on sunday - nothing like a nice local run after nearly two years of standing idle :)

Cheers
Luke
Last edited by Toddman on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

Due to some...ehm...changes...in my life i've had my valver almost sold for a few quid.
But damn, i just couldnt do it. Hey, after all, everyone needs some hobbies and some goals in life ;-)

So there it still lies in my garage...to hopefully get awakened next summer.
The Civic is some nice car, but the valver is just some hell of a beast to drive
:twisted:
Honda Civic Type S
Toddman
Administrator

valver

Post by Toddman »

Well said mate - the valver is a very special car 8)

Cheers
Luke
cossie
4000 rpm

Post by cossie »

Well,mine is now off the axle stands and out of the garage.I need to run it to a garage to get the octopus pipes done.
1988 16v

Toddman
Administrator

octocat

Post by Toddman »

cossie wrote:Well,mine is now off the axle stands and out of the garage.I need to run it to a garage to get the octopus pipes done.
Great stuff Clive :D
IIRC your valver has been laid up for quite a while hasn't it ?

Cheers
Luke
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Still in action!
Been guilty of storing it for the last 2 months as couldn't justify/afford 4 tax discs all at once!

Under tree in college car park but it still fired up nice and sailed thru MOT with 2 bulbs, looking at history file afterwards its only done 4k this year but its too much fun and doing service as a discourtesy vehicle does kind of justifiy the tax disc :lol:
cossie
4000 rpm

Post by cossie »

Er yes Luke,about 4 1/2 years.The head gasket has all been done now.
Just havent had the time to get the pipes done.I need to insure it,so I can take it to get done.Then I need a lift home!and a lift to get her back!
needs a new rad as I think its leaking,but the green stuff is pi%$ ing out
Might need 4 tyres and maybe brake overhaul too.Some corrosion there,on the discs.Bodywork is very good,no rusty inner wings.
Everything works but for one front fog light and the sunroof.That needs to come out,and get fixed.We have a spare one of them.
Have been using Iains,as my Jags been to the doctors.Its running well,and sounds great,just needs a wash badly! its now white with green all over it.(trees)
1988 16v