a new member :)

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

im not entirely sure but from what i remember my ecu is for cat models but without knock sensor, i think luke has the books for them, he might have a better idea if its compatable. although i have found some info that says it is a motronic 1.3 ecu for bx 16v's from 90-93, i bought it as being for a 16v. see below...

http://www.atpelectronics.co.uk/Catalogue/citroen.htm

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Viktor
Tick Over

Post by Viktor »

i wrote you pm ... but no answer :( so i'll ask here - whats the price ? and more interestin is shiping procedure ... i never did shiping from another country :( and only last week i buyed something from the internet :) so can you halp me with that ?
bx 1988 12. 1.9l gti 16v
Toddman
Administrator

Phases

Post by Toddman »

The trouble is that Citroen had a habit of using what was lying around when building hee cars so the distinctions between P1 and P2 are not crystal clear as far as bodywork goes and also some countries stipulate different things hence why some P2s end up with P1 boot spoilers.

However Viktor has given us his ecu number which is clearly a Motronic 1.3 so a 3 row item.

Without having the car here I can not be 100% certain but I am pretty sure Rosscos 3 row ecu will be fine on this car.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Viktor
Tick Over

Post by Viktor »

hello , i'm back. weather is getting better and better now and i think next week i'l start work with my valver again ... first change oil and some small problems with breaks ... but main problem is the same - ecu ;(

i think i'll first try fitting mates ecu (code ands 158) and if it works then try to overwrite software to my old ecu and if not.... i sow in the net universal ecu named "megasquirt" how about fitting it on valver ? did any one try it ?
bx 1988 12. 1.9l gti 16v