Another new member...

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
petwar
Tick Over

Another new member...

Post by petwar »

Thought I'd introduce myself, or rather, my car :)

My parents bought the car as barely used back in '91. I was learning to drive at the time so I spent many hours driving it and when I finally got my license I got to borrow the car over the weekend! :D Me and a mate practically lived in the car that weekend...

Anyway, my brother bought it of my parents in '96 and used it for track days. In 2001 I was in need of a car so I bought the BX from my brother and fixed it up (it had been collecting dust in his yard for a couple years) and it has been my main car ever since (I also have a Volvo Amazon which I'm renovating). I've put a lot of work in to it since there always seems to be something that needs fixing :roll: Among other things I have killed two gear boxes (and one diff), renovated the cylinder head and so on....

Oh, and one of the first thing I did when I bought it was removing the rear wheel "covers" ;)

The specs:

BX 16V 1990
16.000 km (10.000 miles)
Ferrita stainless 2.75" exhaust.
Gutted cat.
KN "open" air filter.
Back fenders removed.
Decked cylinder head.

Some pics:

Toddman
Administrator

valver

Post by Toddman »

That looks really nice Petwar 8)
And what a difference the cut down rear arches make totally different look to the car but still good looking with the 205 alloys.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there, your 16v looks in really good nic, nice one :D really like what you have done with rear arches, thats the best looking modification i have seen so far for sorting the weird citroen arches 8)

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Lol, there's nothing wrong with them standard imho! :D
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

Petwar, nice car but where did you get those bumper overiders?
petwar
Tick Over

Post by petwar »

Glad you guys like the car, but I can't take full credit for the rear arches... I "stole" the idea from a guy on another Citroen-forum. He had a red 16v with the arches cut off and I thought it looked damn nice ;)

surjit25: If you mean the two black boxes on the front bumper they are standard here in sweden, they hold the sprayers for the head lights... I've been thinking of getting rid of them, it looks so much nicer without them.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Car looks good fella!
arches make a big difference tot he look for sure!

Before you remove the bumper overriders/spray washers for the headlamps check that they are not a legal requirement in your country?? i know in some places they are hence the reason for them!

the 205 wheels are a good look! :wink: 8)
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
petwar
Tick Over

Post by petwar »

Thanks!

I don't think it matters if I remove them, they don't care about things like that at the MOT... And the 16v is so rare in Sweden I could probably mount at second engine in the rear and no one would know it wasn't standard ;)
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Dashboard top storage box and headlamp washers :D

I'm kind of liking the rear arches as well.

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

petwar wrote:I can't take full credit for the rear arches... I "stole" the idea from a guy on another Citroen-forum.
lolz you wont mind if i steal the idea from you then, im completely re-kitting my car just now and was in idea limbo about what to do with the arches. i have a set of bx sport arches, i like how they go up over the rear bumper and up the rear panel half way past the fuel cap, but didnt like how they leave a kinda gap next to the rear bumper. but anyway im now thinking to modifiy the sport arches so they also meet the rear bumper.

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
docchevron1472
4000 rpm

Post by docchevron1472 »

That does look very nice indeed.

The spat idea you saw on another forum, was it a UK based forum?

Many moons ago there was a red P2 in Coalpit Heath (half way between Bristol and Yate) that had the same rear arch's as yours, I always thought it looked cool, the car was on a driveway in bits for months, then it disappeared, I think it ended up on E bay actually. That got replaced by a black P2 that was only there for a few weeks then that too vanished...
1990 BX 16v Phase 2
1989 BX TD hybrid
1971 BL 350FG Ambulance (unique)
1993 Dennis Lance 132
That's when I reach for my Revolver
petwar
Tick Over

Post by petwar »

thanuttiscotsman: Steal away! ;)

docchevron1472: No, this was a swedish forum that unfortunately is closed at the moment. That car looked great with mudflaps and 17" rims... I've been searching for pics but they seem to be lost in cyberspace :(
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

there also used to be a black P2 that had some stunning wheels on it that had the rear arch spats removed, used to live on the menu bar at the top of the old forum page! was a european member but i cant remember his name!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
MoRtYMer
3000 rpm

Post by MoRtYMer »

Nice, a brother of mine... LOL

Mine ---v

(I really have to do the presentation of mine)

What tires do you have on yours? Looks like semi-slicks...
Timmo wrote:there also used to be a black P2 that had some stunning wheels on it that had the rear arch spats removed, used to live on the menu bar at the top of the old forum page! was a european member but i cant remember his name!
Is this the one your talking about?

petwar
Tick Over

Post by petwar »

Hehe, the family resemblance is uncanning ;)

The tires are Bridgestone Potenza, basically road legal slicks... to bad they're getting old though, the grip used be amazing, now they're at the point of being dangerous. If the road is damp it's like driving on ice...

If I can afford it, I will be buying new tires when it's time mount the summer wheels again. Right now spiked Gislaved winter tires (on the original alloy rims) are mounted, a must up here during winter.