And another newbie(sort of!)

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
citro-geoff
Tick Over

And another newbie(sort of!)

Post by citro-geoff »

Hi all,Geoff from Newport here.Some will probably know me from the BXC,and the CXC,and any other Cit related clubs.Been running the things over 45 years now,so know a little bit about them(i think!!) Used to restore the 'D' models for a long time,but gave that up some 5 years ago(bad back etc) Still play with a couple now and then. Run a 293k TZD Turbo estate(1993) as a daily driver,and have a 1987 16v in original condition.Needs a couple of things doing to it. Just changed the starter motor,and it needs a rear cylinder too.The rot has got it.Changed one for the previous owner when I looked after it for him.He gave up driving it and was going to scrap it!!. I will try to get it on the road in the summer and have a bit of fun in it this year, although it will have to take its place in the queue after my CX DTR2 Safari,and my mates CX Prestige auto box has been changed. Hi to Timmo,hows everyone down there in Cornwall!!. Hayley will be bringing the van down in July to the usual place,fancy a curry again?Geoff
citro-geoff,loves Citroens,hates Jap crap.
1996 Xantia LX(upgraded to VSX) Estate.197k
1998 Xantia VSX Athena Estate,97K(the wife's)
Toddman
Administrator

hello

Post by Toddman »

Hi Geoff and welcome to the forum :D
Some nice motors you have lined up there, I think the CX is an awesome car 8)

Good luck with the valver they are a bit special and a really rewarding drive.

Would love to see some pictures

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Aha! Mr Rothon! how the devil are we??
good to see you here matey,
curry sounds Awsome!!! all okay with you hayley and luke??
you'll be glad to know the driveway doesnt look all that different from when you were last down!!!!

dont know if you watch it but the Guy in the mentalist drives a Ds! cracking looking one too! was on last nights episode!
still see the cx estate when up at mothers! even she points it out now too! 8)

everyone else, Geoff is a legend for Info! helped me out on More than one occasion! a true mind of information! as is Mrs Geoff! both of them have green blood! and Mrs geoff makes an awsome curry! 8) 8) 8)
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
citro-geoff
Tick Over

Post by citro-geoff »

Thanks for the welcome guys.As i said ,I know a little git about cits,mostly the older ones.Luke,I will try and get some pics of the car when I get the keys of Nic Starmore.He posted some on the BX forum under nstarmore in the BX Blog spot.I know you have seen them Tim,and after reading the blog again I will take you up on the offer for a spit and polish as they say,and bring the beast to you and leave it for a couple of weeks. It will be on the road,so you can have a play too. It should be well sorted too,as I am going to to the same to it as I we did to the TGD that Nic bought(see the pics he posted).Btw,that is owned by my mate Derek,who goes under the name of 'garfield' on the BXC.It failed the MOT on a leaking strut only,which was replaced,and is still his daily driver.See you in July Tim.Hayley will be towing the van on the Xantia we bought from Newquay at Christmas,and I will be following in the TZD. I will be staying till the Sunday,then back to work on the Monday.(got to change the gearbox before then though,oh,and the Prestige gearbox,and get the CX on the road too.Oh well,just need 26hour days for a couple of months!!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

will be greta to see you guys again matey!
will clean the car with pleasure sir! will have a look and see How shiny i can get it!!!!
i have the pics you emailed me of the 16v so can post them up if you like??
glad the Xant's still going! hows that looking for a clean?? :wink: got two gleaming black wings in the shed still lol!

how's domonic's wagon going?? did he get the V6 manual activa you mentioned some mates of yours were making??
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
citro-geoff
Tick Over

Xantia V6 Activa RHD!!

Post by citro-geoff »

Hi Tim,yes Dominic has the V6 Xantia.It has been in France for the last 8 months now,and is now registered on french plates,together with the BX TZD Estate I got for him off Ebay and did the work on,together with my old LHD CX Prestige (I did a swap for his CX DTR2 Safari+ some cash to me)and his dads Xantia V6 Exclusive.I don't think the Prestige is on french plates yet,but this should be no problem as it is LHD and built in France.All the others are re-registered.The TZD is a real workhorse for him,and regularly tows the 4 wheel trailer I did up for him(another Ebay buy!!) and I believe he has done over 10k in it since last September. He is coming over with it together with the trailer to pick up the rest of his stuff he left with me 2 years ago. It will be good to get my other garage back,so that I can sort out what I want to keep.I will then be able to give up the other garage I rent for my spares and the wood for the log burner!!It will be great if you can put the photos up,I just don't have the time at the moment.Just had the loft insulated,and have to board that out now!!Will try and get more pics done of the 16v soon and e-mail them to you.Best of to Sha and Jorja.Bye for now,Geoff