Citro-geoff and Nstarmore's 16v!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Citro-geoff and Nstarmore's 16v!

Post by Timmo »

pics as promised!

rare colour for a P1 iirc??
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

some b*****d over here just wrecked one in that colour.mate tried to buy it, won the auction,then the guy said it was blown up by hjis son the night before.Which actually means he sold it to someone else outside of trademe.Who is wrecking it.Dick.Fail.
Would rather be driving ONE 16v,than fixng TWO.
Toddman
Administrator

early valver

Post by Toddman »

Now that's worth giving some TLC to 8)
Can't be many E plate valvers around now :(

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

iirc geof's changed the bolster or has one to go in, but the rest is pretty good,
when it makes it down here it will be getting my fullest of attentions! most likely full interior strip out and clean, full machine polish seal and wax etc, you name it!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Phase 1 on the E :D

Put me down for that please.

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
citro-geoff
Tick Over

16v on an 'E'

Post by citro-geoff »

Hi guys,glad you all like it. It was well worth saving and for £250, a steal. I do have a complete interior to be fitted and will probably bring it down in the TZD estate when i come to Cornwall in July. No point in fitting it if it has to come out again Timmo. Thanks for putting the pics on Tim. I know a bit about the car,as I have done some work on it in the past.I have sourced another complete rear subframe from a '92 TZD saloon,which I will completely renovate and drop in when I have the time.BTW,are the rear cylinders the same on the TZD and the 16v.Not sure myself as it was quite a while ago when I changed the last one on the 16v.I know the TZD Estate ones are a larger bore,and thought the 16v were the same as the estate?Will post progress as and when it gets done.Watch this space!!The last owner bought it in July 1995,and I aquired it in March 2008 with a bit of T&T on it.He looked after it quite well and was garaged most of its life.Also the belt was done about 4 years ago,and it has done about 10k on it.I will change it just to satisfy myself its OK. I have already done a head job for a customer in the past after warning him to have the belt done. 3 weeks later it went,and I relieved him of quite a bit of cash. My 16v is a local(Welsh)car I think,and I will get in touch with the DVLA to see if I can get the names of the previous owners if possible. I did this on a Bijou I owned many years ago. Geoff
citro-geoff,loves Citroens,hates Jap crap.
1996 Xantia LX(upgraded to VSX) Estate.197k
1998 Xantia VSX Athena Estate,97K(the wife's)
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Love the grey phase 1's - very rare colour originally and even fewer seem to have survived

Our phase 1 is E reg - can't be many left with under 50k on the clock!!
RobC
3000 rpm

Post by RobC »

shocking pavement parking down that street! did you know that's an offence under the highways act 1835?

still, nice looking valver.. 8)
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

PMSL - you working at TfL still Rob?
citro-geoff
Tick Over

Parking

Post by citro-geoff »

I think the highwaysact came in when everything was horse drawn!!I think parking a big haycart on the curb would be frowned upon lol.The street in front of the house has been chained off and is a no go area for parking.This is the backstreet at the rear of the house. Everyone parks like it there,as to park in the road would cost you a few mirrors and dents in the side.I normally park 2 cars in the garage and 2 on the drive in front of it.The pics were taken when i had the Prestige in the garage and 2 on the drive(not mine) My TZD is in the background,and the Picasso in my neighbours opposite.In that street,which has about 15 houses in it,there are at least 6 other people with various Citroens.They range from an XM Turbo CT to an '09 C4.3 Xantia,2 BX,1 Xsara and the Picasso plus of course at the time 2 x CX Prestige,both on the road and my CX DTR2 Safari.It looks like a Citroen dealers at the weekend!!
citro-geoff,loves Citroens,hates Jap crap.
1996 Xantia LX(upgraded to VSX) Estate.197k
1998 Xantia VSX Athena Estate,97K(the wife's)
Viktor
Tick Over

Post by Viktor »

looks just like mine only my is european ... (left stearing)
bx 1988 12. 1.9l gti 16v
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

In answer to cylinder question, all estaes are the same bore and all saloons are the same. only thing to wreck them is corrosion from mud collecting in bottom of frame so drill a 8mm hole and put a wiggle pin in it

Ollie