insurance time!!!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

insurance time!!!

Post by Timmo »

it be that time of year again and the insurance renewal dropped through the door yesterday morning,

so after much avoiding i went insurance shopping!!
Based on me being 31, held full licence since August '95 (wife since Oct '91) and having Full NCB available (both the same) and the car being parked at Fathers driveway with 2k miles a year (just incase i need it best have what the most milage i've done in the past few years!!), fully comp + use of other cars, wife as named driver, protected ncb and legal, £100 excess, alloys declared, cat 1 alarm immob. etc.

Best quote came in at £158!
very pleased with that! did make me smile that the worst quote came in at £760!!

did get a bit fed up with having to go through the same info 3 times for the three different comparison sites and direct line, but for a quote like that its worth it!
going to see if my current one which came in at £327 can get close (doubtfull!) and then ring tother up and see if they can improve it further!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

that is a good price! :D my renewal quote came in at £410 fully comp, but then ive still not sat my test lol

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
citro-geoff
Tick Over

16v insurance

Post by citro-geoff »

That is a good price.When I got a quote for mine I put Nic on it too,as he couldn't get a cheap one.(Under 25!!) Mine was £135 for 3k. I have the advantage of being old and some 48years NCB,although they don't count all of it.If they did,they would probably be paying ME!!LOL.
citro-geoff,loves Citroens,hates Jap crap.
1996 Xantia LX(upgraded to VSX) Estate.197k
1998 Xantia VSX Athena Estate,97K(the wife's)
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

What do you put down as occupation? I've found of late the 'options' for occupation online have dwindled to just a hand full and they dont list my occupation anymore, but of a bugger really.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

househusband Vanny!
as that is my main job at the mo, (prior to i always had motor trade down which as am sure you know makes a Massive hike in the premium! )
you are right though about the lists for occupations, although some site's have always had a short list of a dozen or so to choose from, others are just mental with almost Every one option available!!

one thing never to tell your insuance company is that you are a car valeter and have a part time job in the local pub! pretty much The two most loadable jobs there are! all for beinig honest hey!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

i usually end up putting down manufacturing engineer as it is the closest thing available. I guess i work as an engineer for a sales company, but thats not my job title, and i've seen what happens when you put down 'sales engineer'.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

watch them add the extra numbers on the end of the quote!!!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
cossie
4000 rpm

Post by cossie »

My 16v was £123 full comp,back last October,with windscreen cover and breakdown.
1988 16v

2002 S-Type "R" (rocket?)
Toddman
Administrator

quote me

Post by Toddman »

This all sounds quite sunny :D I am hoping to get the silver valver on the road sometime this summer and it is a long time since we have insured a standard car.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

hahahha!will be quite novel for you then luke! just type in the reg no. and thats it lol!
my quote was with the alloys declared (better to be safe than sorry!!)
still amazes me how many poeple kick off a huge fuss when they claim on the ins and get voided due to non std, non declared parts (local 'cruiser' forum!) and then think its acceptable to do things like put a 2l in a 1.1 shell and leave it as a 1.1 on the log book!

anyways, i would have thought your quotes should be similar luke!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

Whos the next youngest person after me who has managed a quote of sub £200? Just wondering how long its going to be untill my insurance for a 16v becomes that cheap. Had a look at insurance on the beast for july onwards when i MAY be able to afford running it again, assuming ive found a job after uni...came out at £675 with admiral, cheapest i found through GoCompare. That was for fully comp and 2 years no claims, dad as second driver and me as owner of a motorcycle too so that i wouldnt be in the car alot, which seems to make it cheaper and all the extras like legal cover, windscreen cover, courtesy car all included at no extra charge. when i last used the car a year ago, it was £800 for third party F&T at the cheapest so im happy its gone down a fair bit, but compard to you guys its still alot.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

I was sub £400 with it on the Wirral, but it's in thoery gone up since i moved to Coventry! Rather bloody annoying as it is now a second car, garaged, and very limited milleage. Tis off the road at the moment through insurance cost tbh
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

Thats the same with me Vanny, my car is just for fun so doesnt do many miles. Id be all for these pay per use insurance things if there wasnt a fear of it recording speed too :lol: When im back in leicester and even in coventry in fact, everything is either walking distance or riding distance, car parking prices are ridiculous everywhere and it takes so long to find a spot that i hate using cars for commuting and travel now, the bike wins hands down.