Looks like my old K plate phase 2's NOT been scrapped!!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Adrian E

Looks like my old K plate phase 2's NOT been scrapped!!

Post by Adrian E »

Hey folks

I don't frequent the 205 forums, but I do have an auto search setup for BX 16Vs on ebay....

Was wasting some time looking at available history for old cars of mine and plugged in the reg for my phase 2 16v which I sold some years ago, but came up again last year when the person who bought it off me was selling it on

http://bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php ... light=1992

http://bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Anyway, it appears whoever bought it off ebay has either scrapped it for the engine or managed to kill it in some other way. Real shame given it was the latest known build number in the UK :cry:
Last edited by Adrian E on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tali
Tick Over

Post by tali »

Link appears broken
Btw -How late was this BX registered ?
Bob Ross, a man who makes Whispering Bob Harris sound like Fearne Cotton trapped on a malfunctioning rollercoaster .
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

It seems the forum is down :(

I can't remember the exact date of registration, but it was about September '92 from memory, with an ORGA number indicating mid-August '92 build date. I should have a copy of the registration certificate at home - I know I've got photos of the ORGA number somewhere.

I sold the car in 2005 as I wasn't using it much, plus had the opportunity to buy a new Seat Leon Cupra R at a seriously good price, plus it needed paintwork to the roof and tailgate which I couldn't justify spending the money on.

The bloke who bought it I think paid for the cambelt to be changed, then pretty much parked it up and didn't use it! The links above are to the adverts posted when he was looking to sell last year. I believe it sold via ebay in mid-scrappage territory for the engine - shame really as it was a cat model with metal bonnet so although not as quick as most it was fairly unique!
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

hi dude
dont suppose you know its last reported position of it do you?
i bought a red K plate valver from a lad on ebay in june up in glasgow.I collected it from a scrap yard aswell with the intention f saving it as it was a low milage minter really
but...........................
The bastards had picket it up with a fork lift and bent the sills and backs of the floors and the passenger side door wouldnt go back in the appeture,such a shame as it would have made a lovely car
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Hi there

My K plater was silver (same as my phase 1) - I do recall the one you're talking about though. Think someone on here was made aware of it, or may have actually owned it at one time.

My memory's not what it used to be :lol:

Adrian
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Somebody on here did own it, as I viewed the car in Shrewsbury when it was for sale by the previous owner.

Wasn't the greatest car but a lot better than others.

Shame really :cry:

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

how the hell did it end up in a scrapyard in scotland?
Well on the plus side i did manage to salvage quite alot from it but towing it home on an A bar with chocks of wood wedged between the radius arms and bump stops was a bit hairy(no hydrolics :o )
It only cost £190 and a £8 bottle of whiskey for 2 weeks storage

suppose it was worth the effort
just :roll:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

The car was on ebay, the owner lived in Shrewsbury.

I viewed the car: average interior considering the mileage was @55k IIRC, signs of an accident as the mastik was wrong around the n/s front wing and the rust around the side repeater.

The main thing that put me off the car was it's lack of power: it was a car equipped car but just felt gutless to me. Might have been down to the car needing a good service and some use as the owner didn't use it.

I bid up to £900 but it went for £1200ish.

The new owner was on here for a while (Dave something maybe?) and then it turned up in the scrapyard looking sorry for itself.

Mike P.
- - - - -
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

well its still a mystry how it ended up scrapped in scotland,when i collected it they was alot of payslips and womens coats and bags inside it,The radiator was missing and a brand new boxed radiator in the boot it seemed to run fine but we had no hydrolics so couldnt drive it,ive got the engine and box here on the floor which i may put to use sometime soon
It was also registered as disabled,so again a mystery

anyway its gone now and many a part from it has found its way on "the ascot valver" so at least i got it and not a pugger :wink:
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

i remember the red one, iirc it had a TD style back box too rather than the std one?? owner was on here and active for a while then all went quiet,
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I remember the number plate (taxi for one :wink: ) and that the owner drove it back to Glasgow after out bidding me on ebay.

The thing that is bugging me now, I can't remember if it had a steel bonnet which would have made it rarer.

Mike P.
- - - - -
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

yeah it did have a steel bonnet........ive kept it :D
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Turns out I was wrong about the fate of my old 16V :shock: reason it didn't appear on DVLA system is it's been sporting a private plate during its current ownership.

It's just appeared on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Have contacted the seller. It's looking a fair bit rougher than the last time I saw it - god knows what's happened to the plug lead cover and the front bumper :?

Mileage hasn't gone up that much - not surprising as the bloke I sold it to barely used it!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

good price so far though!!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Didn't this car have a CAT and a steel bonnet :?:

Mike P.
- - - - -