Looks like my old K plate phase 2's NOT been scrapped!!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Yep
SimonA
Tick Over

Post by SimonA »

A bit of a rarity in several ways and the bidding seems to have settled down. The question is how much is it worth I guess.
Tempting :)
... and there are unknown unknowns
K168BAN
Tick Over

Post by K168BAN »

Bidding has more than settled down :shock: Was doing o.k till some time waster messed auction up :x Currently there are 101 watchers, a good many probably from here, so i guess its either going to go crazy in the last few minutes or won't sell at all :?:
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Watcha mate

Suspect a few people will have been put off by the initial sky high bids so aren't keeping tabs on it now :?

I meant to drop you an e-mail ref the Q's in the ad - there may not be a bill for a pair of brand new front struts I bought off ebay in the file, but they were both fitted - 1 about a year before the other. I had them fitted when they started to stick.

It had an octopus before I bought it - it's never leaked since to my knowledge. I had some bills from the previous owner. albeit just a service print IIRC.

Can't remember what else was being asked, but will check later - can't get on ebay from here!

Adrian
K168BAN
Tick Over

Post by K168BAN »

Suspect your probably right Adrian, although every time i log onto ebay its gained another few watchers...currently 103 :!: Did notice a bill for fitting 1x strut & noticed you'd also fit a set of OE spheres.

Only takes one plonker to mess an auction up...& if its gonna happen, it'll happen to me :roll:

By the way, the spark plug cover IS present...took it off to clean when i changed plugs, & just never got round to re-fitting...sheer laziness :oops:

Mark
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Hopefully even if it doesn't sell this time, it might get some interest if relisted - I suspect you'll get the usual flurry of last minute bids, of course!

Good to hear the plug cover is still about - those leads should never need replacing, as they're made to measure proper silicone jobs. It's not unheard of for the engines to run rough without the cover in place as the plug wells can fill with water.....don't ask how I know this :shock:

Seem to remember the leads needed careful routing to get the cover on without pinching them
K168BAN
Tick Over

Post by K168BAN »

Have actually stated in ad revision that if it don't sell this time then it won't be relisted....

Havn't noticed a problem without lead cover on, but shall re-fit now you've mentioned there can be...by the way how DO you know this :?: :wink: :wink: :lol:
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

I cleaned the engine bay for a show with the cover off (had just fitted the leads), then wandered why it wasn't behaving on the way up there....

Queue sticking bits of kitchen roll down the plug wells with a screwdriver at the show and running the engine through the day to cook off the rest lol
K168BAN
Tick Over

Post by K168BAN »

:lol: I'm not a great believer in cleaning engine bays with water...too many electrics for my liking...but there again ive never actually 'showed' a car as yet, so havn't needed to.
K168BAN
Tick Over

Post by K168BAN »

Hooray, finally, i have some more genuine bidders on car :D - Still a fair way to go yet tho :wink:
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hey fellas, about the red 16v that ended up in scotland, i think i can fill you in on this as there aint many of us up here so keeping tabs is easier. if im right it was ex member john j who paid iirc £1500 for it on ebay. he then joined our forum etc. i had arranged to skank a lift from him down to fcs a couple years back to come meet some of you guys at the show and after i bought all the tickets etc he cancelled on me at the last moment and i never heard from him again, he also never appeared on the forum again. so how the car ended up in a scrapyard after that is anyones guess.

cheers, rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

lol just posted that in the ebay bit!
looks like it needs a little tidying but still could make a good solid motor??
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!