im really getting tired of this now

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

im really getting tired of this now

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hey folks, as some of you may know or remember my main project car the red ph1 was recently moved to a new storage facility as it was getting repeatedly vandalised on my own property. well its now stored on a farm much closer to where i actually live. for the first time since i moved it there i removed the battery to charge it for a couple days as it was getting flat. then yesterday i went back up to put it back in. well when i went up i found that in the last couple days when there was no battery in and obviously no power for the alarm etc some little fu**ers have broken into my car by smashing both windows on the nearside rear door. they also decided to try and rip my rather phat sound system out of the car but thankfully failed as EVERYTHING was well bolted down in that department and was still there although they ripped most of the speaker covers off. they also threw my belongings around all over the place so my manuals, haynes reciepts etc are pretty much destroyed due to rain. and for some strange reason they also had opened the bonnet and slammed it back down with the support pointing outside the car which is now bent. i could tell from what i saw that it was probably kids fu**ing around but man am i sick of this sh*t. that car has now been vandalised over ten times in the last year while its been off the road getting done up. its suffered a broken headlight, both front indicators were ripped out and stolen, i was keyed and scratched on multiple occasions so that now only the roof is unscratched, its had tyres cut once and so on. it really looks like a junk yard dog now. im so fed up with this happening but i refuse to give up on the car and i will repair it and finnish doing her up. but how much sh*t am i gonna have to take before it will be finnished and usable? i will post up pics tomo of the damage as im going up to the farm to replace the broken glass (luckily i have spare doors with glass in) and will get some pics while im up there.

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

How sad, recently I had some vandal set fire to my SM side glass broken and a fire starter thrown in and rear and part of front seat burnt.
Luckily my employee put out the fire but quite severe damage done.
But this SM is a non runner and need restore but fortunately another SM was already on it's way to replace it

What to just have to curse the b@stard to hell.

I guess you have to find a more secure place to keep yr car,
with someone looking out for it for you.
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

honestly, i think you have someone youve unknowingly pissed off at some time, and they are doing this to you....i have never heard of such bad luck before. Get a really cheap ass computer hidden away with a webcam, and a decent hard drive, and just have it recording. this is getting ridiculous... i feel your pain- have a baseball bat handy in case you ever find these fuckers....but i really do reckon its an ex-missus or burnt ex-boyfriend or something....lightning doesnt strike twice in the same place, let a one 10 times in a year!!!!!!
Would rather be driving ONE 16v,than fixng TWO.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

deary e rossco! how much cr#p are you going to have to take fella!
thats really bad news dude, and gutting,
i thought the place youve got it at was relatively safe??

i'd camp out there over night just away from the car and see if anyone turns up! give them a good kicking!!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hey guys, yeah its a hell of alot of sh*t that has happened, but is in no way connected, its simply impossible. the trouble first time in the car park was youths targeting the car cos is sat around for ages looking a bit abandoned. the recent problems i've just had at the farm the other day wasn't the first time they have had problems at the farm, other cars have been damaged there previously, though albeit not very often.

i infact have just returned home from the farm after camping out in attempt to catch the little shytes but with out any luck. im going back up tomo to fit new glass so will snap some piccys.

i think that either i've had a serious run of bad luck or that car is jinxed. before i took it off the road to do it up it was in regular use and somehow managed to get the most parking tickets of any car i've had and was even impounded once by the police costing me hundreds to get it back. it have little problems with my other vehicles so it has to be a jinxed car. but anyhow it wont stop me fixing it unless one of the little b'tards set it on fire which would really suck. but for now i will be at it tomo with new glass.

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hey folks, ive finally got some images put up so can show some of the damage that has been done over the last year,

she's been scratched and all sorts, although i have already changed the broken headlights and stuff that happened before. and the other day i went up and fitted a new door to replace the broken glass. so it now looks a bit better.

hopefully that will be the end of it now and no more hold ups. in january i will have plenty cash to get stuck right in to the project again so between now and then i aim to finnish repairing the bodywork and have it ready for re-spraying then.

cheers rossco

surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

You're lucky they didn't nick those lovely rims.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

do you think they were going to write C0ck on the rear panel but ran out of nouse on the spelling!! :wink:
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Timmo wrote:do you think they were going to write C0ck on the rear panel but ran out of nouse on the spelling!! :wink:
quite possibly :lol: had always wondered what that was supposed to mean or what they were writing. as for the rims, now i think about it they dont have locking nuts on, would possibly be a good investment. anyway, i hope that will be the end of it. though im still gonna stake the farm out every friday night to see if they come back, as apparently thats when they tend to come over. the farmer has had is quad among other things stolen from him this year. they will get the hiding of their lives if me or the farmer get our hands on em :D

but anyway the project is still on 8)

Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Do you know any one with those initials?

Chris Owen for example, looks like someone has tagged it!
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

erm no cant say i do. as if someone i knew would vandalise my property! these people are known to the nation as neds, chavs, schemie's and generally arseholes.

rossco

Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

thanuttiscotsman wrote:as if someone i knew would vandalise my property!

rossco
Sorry, completely un heard of ain't it :wink:
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
CoolCarbon
Tick Over

Post by CoolCarbon »

Just seen this thread....shame about the damage, they need a wee bit of their own medicine for sure.... :evil:

How you getting on with the project?
Old enough to know better..............but still bought my Old Ph2 back...!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hello mike! long time no speak. dont know if you seen the last post in the project section for this car (have a look), but it was nearly 2 years ago now i ripped all the bumpers and front wings etc to discover very little rust :D , and had back then got well stuck into sorting her out but unfortunatly after the spate of vandalism i put her into storage to keep her safe. since that work i did to her i have not done anything else. but good news is i have recently moved house and now have a driveway again so she is safely here under my watchfull eye and ive had no problems since. so im planning to get stuck right back into the project this summer and get her finnished! i have just a few weeks ago bought a new timing belt for her, accy sphere return pipes and a whole load of other stuff, and basically have all the body and mechanical parts i need to finnish her. the only thing i still need to buy is the citroen pipe flaring tool so i can re-pipe the whole car. the next step is to get all the new doors and bumpers fitted and get the body primed up ready for full re-spray. anyways i will be getting stuck well in in the next few weeks and will update with pics back over the this cars project thread when i have. she will go back on the road no matter what :D 8)

cheers, rossco