hi new member

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
exvalver
Tick Over

Post by exvalver »

I'll PM you.
Long-term BX-owner (had a Ph.1 and a Ph.2 in the recent past). Currently: GTi 8v, 219k miles (!), XM 2.0CT Exclusive.
Toddman
Administrator

welcome

Post by Toddman »

Hi :D
That is some nice work you have going on there, I bet the old girl really flies :twisted:

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
exvalver
Tick Over

Post by exvalver »

I'm getting quotes form couriers next week: can you PM me your address/contact details, please?

(Also I'll need your bank account no. and sort code to do the transfer).
Long-term BX-owner (had a Ph.1 and a Ph.2 in the recent past). Currently: GTi 8v, 219k miles (!), XM 2.0CT Exclusive.
phil.slater1
Tick Over

Post by phil.slater1 »

Hi Badlyworntoy.
Ive just emailed about the silicon pipes/any progress.

I bought a set of 16 inch Nimrod alloys as I know they would fit.

My problem is i need 15 or 20 mm hubcentric spacers, no problem but to get square faced wheel bolts with the necessary thread length for the BX, I think I need 60 mm long bolts to the underside of the bolt head.

Best price I have found is £9.00 each.

My thoughts are to ditch the wheels and tyres, wait until I can afford wheels that are an ET15.

My reasons are the nimrods cost me £150 with reasonable tyres.

But with £9 x 16 for bolts and spacers at least £40, I might as well sell on the wheels and save up for something better.

What have you done about the bolts? My other idea is to buy 60mm threaded taper bolts and machine 16 special interfacing monster washers to sit on the taper and produce a flat head bottom.

i am very worried that once that front whell has left the car whilst racing, it will really ruin my day.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

Phil
PS
exvalver
Tick Over

Post by exvalver »

Hi Ian can you get in touch. Nothing's arrived yet. I know you've been away and entrusted delivery to another person. Well clearly they haven't exactly been quick off the mark. :roll:
exvalver
Tick Over

Post by exvalver »

exvalver wrote:Hi Ian can you get in touch. Nothing's arrived yet. I know you've been away and entrusted delivery to another person. Well clearly they haven't exactly been quick off the mark. :roll:
Hellooo?!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

You might want to try the PM system as that will send the user an email to inform them of your PM.