hi new member

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

hi new member

Post by badlyworntoy »

hi dudes
my names ian ive been watching his forum for a few months
I bought a car a few people have mentioned "the ascot valver" H552 HVS.I bought it back in feb and ran it until september when the tax run out. (well except when i smoke it round the block :roll: )since then its had quite alot done to it
Aswell as the usual remedial work such as rotten inner wings and sticking the bumpers back to the brackets and putting right other owners f**k ups ive also fitted ......

Peugeot motorsport big valve head
Kent 1604 cams and pullys
Rotrex SP30/74 supercharger
Range Rover se intercooler
ERL MF2 piggy back Ecu and cossie 2 bar map sensor
straight through exhaust
206 gti Nimrod rims with 16mm hubcentric spacers powdercoated antrecite and the edge polished back

Im now on with the six speed conversion from the 306 but im struggling with the cable for the reverse.....can anyone help would me much apreciated,hope to catch you all soon

ian
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Sounds Awsome Ian!
We Defo need Pics of the car now fella!!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

will do timmo.......ill stick a few up over the weekend! shes hopefully going for a full respray in jan, which will define her in all her glory too!

watch this space mate :wink:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I'd be interested for information on the supercharger work and your opinion of it.

I'm aware of some Puggers using a Mini Cooper one :?:

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

hi mike
The Rotrex works really well on the Xu9j4 since as you know its technically a de-tuned T16 engine,so even at 8,000 rpm the pistons cant pull a vac anywhere near enough to fill the cylinders.Therfore with the rotrex sp30/74 as it produces around 0.7 bar of boost which has been enough for around 50% power increase@115,000 rpm thats around 7895 rpm engine speed
Its worth saying as i know you'll probably ask but the engine is the early D6C 10:4:1 one,and not the later 9:7:1 engine i was going to use although i have one of them in the shed for my next trick :D ,its defo worth while making sure you have a good quality head gasket mines a steel Cometic one from Petear at DP-enginnering and the rest of the engine is in good fettle,ive also fitted a set of ARP bottom end bolts and a baffled sump and a high pressure oil pump return spring

If you've ever driven a Corrado G60 then that will give you some idea what its like only a fair bit quicker

It mounts where the Air con pump would go although piping it up around the fron of the engine has been a bit of a mare due to the accumilator sphere being in the way.Ive had to move the radiator up and further forward to give room aswell as modify the front crossmember so there's ample clearence.I also modifyed the front panel to fit the range rover intercooler which incedently is almost a perfect fit(a trick ive used on pug's before :roll: )The rotrex also uses its own oil feed system which incorporates a 13 row oil cooler which is mounted under the N/S head light which a vent grafted into the bmper

The bx is fucking quick with them mad cams and charger Faster than my 309 Turbo and my mates Renault 21 turbine.I can keep the front wheels spinning into 3rd gear,but she's torque steering quite badly till she gets to 70....anyway after much deliberation i couldnt decide if i was going to stick my BE3 box which has pug gti 1.6 ratio's and a Quaife ATB and that would have ment pulling it out of my 309 :cry: Or trying the 6 speed conversion......which im a little stuck with but hey im sure ill think of something
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Interesting.

We need photos :D

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

mike ive stuck a few early pics on the modifications page under rotrex supercharger if your intrested
cheers
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Love the sound of this car!!!
looking forward to the pics!!

hmmmmmmn, compound charge anyone????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

compound charge???
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

turbo and supercharger
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
exvalver
Tick Over

Re: hi new member

Post by exvalver »

badlyworntoy wrote:other owners f**k ups
Whaddya mean?! :lol: (Seeing as it's had, what would it be now? 17 owners??? that's bound to happen!) Well actually all I did was deal with the suspension; spheres, struts/pipework, bearings, and some other bits and bobs like radiator, new Kleber tyres, sourced four unbent Speedlines, etc, before selling it back in Feb/March 2008. I remember it sat under a tree for at least six months after that so that won't have helped the bodywork. And I know the guy who then acquired it possibly did some questionable 'fettling' (liked to slap red paint on things too!)...

This project sounds awesome. It always amazes me how casual chaps like you sound when undertaking quite challenging modifications 8)

Pics a must. And a decent 1/4-mile is expected of it! :D
Long-term BX-owner (had a Ph.1 and a Ph.2 in the recent past). Currently: GTi 8v, 219k miles (!), XM 2.0CT Exclusive.
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

hey
that red paint took some getting rid of!!! It wasnt you was it?
the top end of the engine was wrecked...... the head gasket was on its last leggs and the cylinder head was badly corroded aswell.Ive also had to build a new exhaust system as the one on it was terrible
The supercharger conversion has worked really well and has made it a very intresting machine,im just on with a six speed conversion at the moment
yeah and im the 16th owner
but at least its in an enthusiasts hands again

Im just appliying knowledge ive learned with other High performance cars ive had whilst enjoying the inexpence of the peugeot/citroen brand,which you dont get with the Ford and jap stuff ive played with
keep in touch mate and tell me anyhing else you know

them speedlines are for sale if you want them?

cheers
ian
exvalver
Tick Over

Post by exvalver »

In the mere three months I owned it I didn't get around to sorting anything other than the completely fu**ed suspension and leaking radiator. And NO I did NOT paint anything red! :lol:

Glad it's found a good home.
Long-term BX-owner (had a Ph.1 and a Ph.2 in the recent past). Currently: GTi 8v, 219k miles (!), XM 2.0CT Exclusive.
exvalver
Tick Over

Post by exvalver »

Oh, and I would like to buy the Speedlines: if the price is right: It took eight before I found four that balanced. Are the center caps and Klebers still on them? And the bolts? e-mail me on yo.philATbtopenworldDOTcom.
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

yeah thy still have the kleiber tyres on them and the centre caps and bolts,funny i threw away a set with another car i bought recently

you can have them for £100 let me know