Possibility of a sale (just a possibility)

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Possibility of a sale (just a possibility)

Post by Daniel B »

Hello gents,

this is a very speculative post, and this is why it is not in the 'For Sale' section.

Myself and my girlfriend are running two cars at present, and we both cycle to work.

At present the BX gets very little use :? and as I may be buying a small british sports car soon, that may get even less.

I have invested in a CTEK 4003 battery conditioner/charger to keep it in top shape once we have a watertight garage (after Easter I hope) but the possibility is there that with lack of use I would need to consider moving it onto someone who would look after it and cherish I as much as I have.

I think most of you know my cars history, I'm the 3rd owner IIRC, and have owned it for 12 years, or coming up on 12 anyway.

So this is a very speculative question, but if it gets to that point would anyone on here be interested?

Stats off the top of my head:

Colour - Triton Green Metallic
Mileage - 120K ish (69K when bought by me)
Team Dynamics Motorsport 17" wheels in Gold, wearing Yokohama rubber fitted new by me - cost £880
Clifford Concept 400 alarm and immobiliser (£600 fitted)
Front and rear bumpers and rear panels by the rear doors re-sprayed approx 4 years ago - think the lacquer is starting to go on the front bumper though.
Pretty minty interior
Fitted mats
Snap off steering wheel hub
Momo D shaped steering wheel
Aluminium handbrake slide over handle and gear knob
Powerflow exhaust
K&N 57i kit
New battery

Like I say, I don't want to sell her, and it may not come to that, but I thought it might be worth guaging whether anyone would be interested.

If it came to that it would not be about getting the most money I can, it would be about her going to the 'right' home, and preferably one with a garage, where she will be cossetted, loved and looked after.

Cheers for now

Dan
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

very tempted! any ideas on value? I'm looking for one which is good enough to be worth fitting a gas kit too.
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

Hello Ollie,

value - hmmm, I don't, know do you value a car you have loved for 12 years...... :(

Seems wrong somehow.

A stab in the dark and being realistic, somewhere around 4 figures I would guess.

Gas kit - as in nitrous, or LPG?
Is your current 16V not up to the job?

She has a damned strong engine, and still idles beautifully, not sure I have ever seen/heard a 16V that idles as smoothly as this one.

As I say, this is just speculative, I guess if people register interest (Assuming anyone else is interested), and if it comes to that point I will probably contact the interested parties directly beforehand to see if you are still interested.

I'm definitely going to try and run all 3 cars for a bit, but if I can see the BX is suffering badly, then I have to do the right thing by her.

Hope you don't think this is too cheeky of me, but I really do love this car, and in all honesty I have only ever actually sold 1 car - I technically sold my AX GT, but that was to my cousin, so didn't feel like selling it.

I'm not someone who chops and changes cars, so I tend to want to look out for the future of the car above all else.

Many thanks

Dan
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

this is an interesting thread as thereMAY be a similar situation happening down here but with out the sports car bit haha!
when i get the car home and cleaned and all the bits i want to do done, then the Very Cornish black Beuty May be up for a new owner!??!
the wife isnt keen on a 3 car family, and as before christmas we were given our inlaws old clio (v plate) it may take presidence over it, - not in my eye's i'l admit! :wink:

Now it would Break my Heart if i had to and i'd certainly be in no rush, and a Full vetting process would be installed lol! but just an idea!

Anyways, What ya riding now Dan?? still Roadying to work?? any mtb'ing?? got a Cotic Soul now with 140 travel forks, Stunning bike!(the carbon one broke!" :shock: not the carbon though, the alloy drop out between seat and chain stay collapsed when 'Arsing around' on it!!) and regularly fall in love with the cube roady bikes at the lbs! especially the 8.2kg one!!! :shock: 8) :oops: :wink:
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Dan,

It's a strange old world. I was thinking about you (not in that way :!: ) only the other week when considering cars to buy and wondered what you and your mate were doing with your's these days.

Having been to see several Bx 16 Valves recently, including a Triton Green Phase 2, drop me a line and I'll give you an opinion on asking price.

If I was wanting a Phase 2, your's would be in my garage without hesitattion :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Timmo,

You claim you have been given a Clio but I know the truth:

You have seen the light and want a Phase 1 :wink: :lol: :D

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

Mike P wrote:Dan,

It's a strange old world. I was thinking about you (not in that way :!: ) only the other week when considering cars to buy and wondered what you and your mate were doing with your's these days.

Having been to see several Bx 16 Valves recently, including a Triton Green Phase 2, drop me a line and I'll give you an opinion on asking price.

If I was wanting a Phase 2, your's would be in my garage without hesitattion :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Timmo,

Mike P.
:lol: Thanks for your replies gents, - have PM'd you both.

Timmo - you wanting to go for the TZD look then eh :wink:
SimonA
Tick Over

Post by SimonA »

If, and I know it's a big IF, either cars do come up for sale I'd be very interested in either of them ... I'm a little concerned that I am not worthy.
... and there are unknown unknowns
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Mike P wrote:
Timmo,

Mike P.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Now listen here Deisel look a likey boi! :wink: there will be No such blasphamy going on in this 'ere household thank yoU! :shock: :wink: :wink: :D :twisted:
rest assured if such revelations were to happen i'd want my invented nick name back! hahahahah!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Matt H
Tick Over

Post by Matt H »

I'm not sure if it's common knowledge or not, but i've been looking for a nice black P2 for about 2 years now... So if you did ever want it to go to a good home Timmo... :lol:

And I can offer you my Phase 1 in part-ex :lol: You know it makes sense!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

To be honest Keith, i'd be gutted to see it leave the county! has a Proper Cornish reg and all the owners have been Cornish! (all 4 of them!!)
unless ofcourse, i get the plate transfered and keep it and have it re reg'd loL!
and Nothampton to Deepest cornwall for a car is a Bit mad loL! :wink:

hmmmn, Phase 1 tzd alike in px, have to let me think about that!......................................................

Thought about it! erm, No! sorry! hahah! :wink: :P :D :D :D
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

I bet Dan's fulfilling his Elise wet dream he's had for years now :lol:
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

hehehehe, yes you are on the nose there, well with regards to the Elise anyway!

It's a 111S, so mid table in terms of the power options.

Picking her up on Thursday :D

Shall I post pics on here, or will no one be interested in an Elise?

Cheers

Dan
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

PICTURES, dan, PICTURES!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Even the stock early ones are quick enough to embarrass a regular hot hatch or even stuff like M3s - just because they grip like a limpet on corners!

The 111S is quite rare I believe, assuming it's the S1 version?

Definitely pics required :D
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

and also because they weigh less than a Gnats poop! :lol: :wink:
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!