Photos of my new Grey Phase 1

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

those spare seats look nice and clean mike! :wink: :wink: although, they would have spent best part of a year in geoff's loft since they left here! :wink: 8)

Geoff's been inoto his citroens for longer than ive been alive loL! used to run the DS side of the CCC, then got into the CX's again, along with the bx's, his wife Hayley is just as into it as he is, she's been aorund Cit's since she was a nipper, so to sayu its in the blood is prolly a bit of an understatement loL! been members of the CCC for a Long time!
top bloke and very trustworthy!

Geoff bought the grey one to save it being scrapped along with one of the guys of the bx club who is a member on here but i cant for the life of me remember his name, they planned on fixing it up and doing a resto on it but neither had the time in the end hence why its sat un used for a coupl eof years,
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Mike

If it sat for that long with the same fuel in the tank, it'll probably take a while to clear naff fuel out of the system. Might be worth running it dry just to get any more out, or dropping the tank off for a clean. The injectors could be clogged up too?
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

how did it get on mike????
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
citro-geoff
Tick Over

Mk1

Post by citro-geoff »

Hi Mike,how did the test go?I think you may be right about the fuel.I did put a gallon of fresh fuel in before you had the initial look at the car,as the light was on when I had it.I guess some of the old fuel together with the new may have stirred the crud up in the tank.Nice job on the seat,didn't the new one go straight in?
citro-geoff,loves Citroens,hates Jap crap.
1996 Xantia LX(upgraded to VSX) Estate.197k
1998 Xantia VSX Athena Estate,97K(the wife's)
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Welcome back Mike, must take a ride over soon.
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Pretty sure the spare seats that came with the car are the ones that were originally in my red phase 1 16v - great to see them being put to use :)
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."