What happened to my car.

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
jonsgot
3000 rpm

What happened to my car.

Post by jonsgot »

I've just received the tax disc reminder for my old Silver BX. It was a bit of a surprise as it was sold to some Irish chap after I left the UK. It looks like it's currently sorn. I assume it's given up the go or been pugged.

Can you get away with driving on UK plates without a tax disk in Northern Ireland? I'm wonder if the guy who's bought it is just driving it around without the tax disk.
1990 BX16V Phase 2.
I made the 1st post.
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Probably puggered :? but if the V5c was filled out properly to state the car was being exported to Ireland you shouldn't be receiving reminders.....although it's a pain in the arse I would write to DVLA with the details you have for the buyer, just to cover yourself against any fines. I know they'll struggle to collect them off you down under, but that doesn't stop them trying!
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Not pugged to my knowledge I saw his dad a few months back and sold him some Bx bits for his 8v Gti! definately a BX fan.
I'd do the online Sorn anyway so youre covered, but then write the letter, It went to southern island so whilst he will have reregistred it there he won't neccesarily have de-registered it here. it was sold to a Keith Higgins. I'll try to dig out some contact deatails for him
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Ebay id : turloughhiggins so if you contact a memebr it should notify his normal email