Timmo's Ol' Girl!!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Timmo's Ol' Girl!!

Post by Timmo »

was up at pops today for the first time in a while, and figured i'd go and have a look over the Ol' Girl!
disturbingly, its been well over 6 months since i fired her up last, due to one thing and another, so figured tday i'd have a nose around and see how she is!!
a little embarassed by the condition to be honest, but! considering its not been touched paint wise in over 2 years now its still got a half decent depth and clarity to the paint!!
all manor of things collecting under the sunroof deflecter,
Erm..... yeah!

dash lights still all good!

for those of you into your phones, when i took it off the road, the Sony Ericsson P series was Still the Smartphone to have! :shock:

was quite pleased in all that evrything stillworked on the car, and is nothing more than a day spend witht he magic hands to get it back to shinyhappyness,
even more so as the lil vid i did of it starting, took three short attempts from reconnecting the battery and she fired up! - Filled the drive in nice oily blue smoke mind from the valve stem seals being Shot now, but fired up and sounded good! except for a 'slightly' noisy lhm pump! :shock: (appolls for the sound quality, blackberry's arnt famed for the media capabilities loL! )

pump in all its glory!!

but over all very pleased with it, faith restored into the Ol' Girl camp and no more considerations of fixing and selling it! 8)

next big job will be to get it home! then i can get the head off and sort the stem seals, and get the octapus done and then clean and flush the system, replace the pump and job done!
Happy days!!!

Sorry Mike, No quads for you! :wink: :wink: :lol:
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

Looks good nonetheless!

Miss mine a bit, sold it a year ago. The 2008 Civic i've been driving last 2 1/2 years is nice, but...

Keep it! Regret selling mine, had a nice leather interior...
Honda Civic Type S
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

dont worry, i think its staying!!
just sitting in it fired up the memories and happyness! that alone is worth keeping it for!!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I'm sure it's got that much polish on it that the moss and gunk won't have touched the paintwork underneath :wink:

When did you fit the 205 speedlines, I thought you still had the 17"s on it :?:
Sorry Mike, No quads for you!
We will see......

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

had the speedlines on for 6 months prior to it coming of the road,
i sold the 17's to robin Way back loL! had issues with my driving style and the extra stresses on the wheels Eating bottom arm bushes! would get 6 weeks a set! :shock:
the speedlines came from a mate with tyres £8 each lol got 4 of him and then a week later he dropped the 5th round as he couldnt be bothered with it taking up space in his shed!! refurbed them in the shed, got the Years of brake dust build up of the insides and painted them Pearl black, was so pleased when i fitted them! look spot on imo! should have done it Years back lol!

i waxed it the October when it came of the road in thew November, which is over 2 years ago now lol closer to 3!! quite impressed that its not half as bad as it could be especially as pops is one road of houses behind the clifftop houses! have a pair of new wings in the shed from geoff to go on when i get it home, just need to swap the lower wing cover for the kit over, but seems quite happy on pops driveway!! and it stops the temptation to take it for a spin down the coast road!!! 8) 8) 8)
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

For goodness tim, please clean her and put up new pics, i drew a tear just now :D

Is there a good quality car cover you can use for sizx months at a time, then clean her up? I know that cars can deteriorate really bad under them, but that mould and build up under the sunroof deflector really worries me- i know these girls can rust given the chance!

Cant wait to see her in her full glory!

And those speedlines do look the bizness!
Would rather be driving ONE 16v,than fixng TWO.
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

Timmo,

When I asked how yours was, I had not seen these pics. I see what you mean. I have had a car stored outside but place a cover over it.

Material is made by Dupont called Tyvek and lets condensation out. Keeps all the cr*p off. It is light so needs strapping down a bit. Just something to think about. Mine came from Halfords, has certainly saved my Venetian red from going pink for the last 2 years.
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

would only ever fit a cover outdoor if it had a Very soft layer ont he inside, otherwise your asking for damage to paint work! the rubbing the covers inevitably do makes a mess of a black car! used to live under a soft cover in the garage, but outdoor best off with a good couple of layers of wax!! :wink:
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!