question

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
kosak

question

Post by kosak »

Hi, My name is Jan and i am from Czech republic but i live in ireland for the last 6 years.My dream was and still is the Bx 16v but i cent get eny in Ireland so the only idea is to bring one from the UK and the question is how much will by to bring the Bx and put it on irish plates :?: :?:

Thanks for eny answers.PS:sorry for the bad english :cry:
Jan Kosina
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Hi Jan

I don't know the exact detail to your answer, but what you will need to do if buying a car in GB is to complete the section of the V5c (registration document) that says the car is being exported.

You will need to look at the local Irish transport and registration web sites (I don't have details on these as I don't deal with them professionally) to find out what you need to produce in order to get the car registered locally. I suspect a receipt for what you paid for the car, plus the original paperwork from GB will do the job. I imagine you will need to get the car through the local road worthiness inspection, plus possibly pay an amount of tax for importing the car, plus then any annual fee to allow you to drive the car in Ireland.

In terms of finding a 16V - they are getting increasingly rare, so values appear to be on the up. Buy the best you can afford with plenty of evidence of proper care, that way you can avoid big bills to start with (unless you happen to be handy with spanners or a spray booth of course!)

Good luck

Adrian

Hope that helps

Adrian