Newish arrival: Ellie and the BX

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Newish arrival: Ellie and the BX

Post by Daniel B »

Not sure if this will work, but am trying to post some pics that are hosted on tuther forum of the new arrival.

The first 6 pics are post a 7 hour clean, featuring snow foam, AG shampoo conditioner, poorboys sealant, and meguiars wax, oh and high gloss trim gel, and wheel sealant - relieved to find out all this stuff actually does work!

Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

a tough choice over which one ot get in but my Heart sais Get int he Bx every time loL!

nice pair though!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

:D

You are a dedicated man Timmo!

Your a detailer are you not - what do you make of my cleaning efforts??

They do make a lovely green pair I reckon 8)

Cheers

Dan
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Git!!!

Not that I'm jealous of your family-free transport or anything :lol:

Looks great mate - look forward to going for a blast in it some time :D

Adrian
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

What a fantastic combination , nice work with the detailing , I'm into it myself and it can prove expensive but very rewarding , have you tried finishkare fk1000p yet ? I can't reccomend it enough , keep up the good work , Mark
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Dan, Car cleaner matey! Detailer is an americanism that i Refuse to adopt Being not american! :wink:
andf that all the newbies on the detailing sites love nothing more than to slate those of us that made/make a profession out of itt Long before detailing existed over here because we used the term 'Valeter'!!! and thats even before any of them have even considered trying it for Real and working out on the realisation to make money at it you cant be spending 2 hours Washing a car!!!! :shock:

anyways matey, Rant mode turned off!!!

there looking good fella! come up Real nice!! and they are both of that colour that looks Stunning when done!! Nice work! 8) 8) 8)
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

Adrian E wrote:Git!!!

Not that I'm jealous of your family-free transport or anything :lol:

Looks great mate - look forward to going for a blast in it some time :D

Adrian
Hiya Adrian, hope your all doing well??
:D Deffo take you out for a run, there have been a lot of requests!
It's quite an experience I can confirm.

Mark - thanks for the comments, and no I have not tried that product, is it a paint sealant - I think I have heard of it?

All the stuff I have bought this time is going to last me a fair while, major washes like these are going to be at fair intervals.

Timmo!!
That was definitively rant mode ;-)
No worries dude, car washing it is, I got carried away after speaking to Paul from Shine on :-)

The BX is filthy, but I will get to it in the next week or two - still need to have a crack at the faded bonnet.

Cheers

Dan
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

Yes Dan the fk1000p is a paint sealant but can be used on wheels etc it has a very high temperature resistance , it gives the look of another coat of clearcoat on your paint a bit like dipping your car in glass , it costs £17.95 for a big tin which will last for ages , I promise you won't regret trying this , it's available of the clean your car website ( it might be out if stock at the minute though) 2 layers will give at least 3 months protection , ideal for the winter weather , Mark
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

collinite 915 m.d.e. wax (915 is specially formulated for dark colours, the regular 476s double coat is essentially the same but for lighter colours, has 1% less carnauba wax content!)is what you want for winter, one wax on wax off coat will give you 9-10 months protection (tested and proven) and a double coat will see you 12+months! £22 for a tub that will out last the cars!! mines not even 1/8th used and has done Many Many different wagons! (including a 34ft yacht!)

oh, and on a blind wax test on 7 Identicle cars prepped all the same it rocked in 3rd infront of waxes that cost more than 10x its cost!!

bit hard to come by now but an Excellent sealant for dark colours is the 4 star premium paint sealant, fantastic crisp depth added to the finish like you wouldnt believe!

my fav trio for dark cars is Poorboys nattys blue polish, 4star sealant and colly 915, and the best bit is the three will cost sub £60!
i used to have Boxes of different polishes, sealants etc. but most went off! (typical 18month shelf life!) so have all been binned and just left with the tried and tested!!!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

I'm not really into cleaning cars (I prefer driving them :wink: ) but the Elise is a great car. Is it K-series, or later Toyota power?
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

Kitch wrote:I'm not really into cleaning cars (I prefer driving them :wink: ) but the Elise is a great car. Is it K-series, or later Toyota power?
Me too, but I've never had one with this good a paint job :D

It's a 111S, so the VVC K series, 160bhp.

Both the 111R (190bhp) and Toyota 111S (134bhp I think) fell within my budget, but I had heard a lot of good things about the K series, plus the Yota engined cars are heavier, have more toys that are not required, and also have £100 or so higher road tax - this one is 'only' £155 per year 8)

Cheers

Dan
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Cool, the VVC's a good unit. I just bought an MG ZS with knackered HG (surprise surprise!) and have spent the last month learning about them and rebuilding this one. It's actually a really advanced engine, really light and efficient, let down by a few silly oversights. I've done the full uprated MLS headset now with oil rail. If/when yours goes, I'd recommend going for it.