A new Dutch 16V Ph2

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
bearwil
Tick Over

A new Dutch 16V Ph2

Post by bearwil »

Hi,
Since June of this year I am the owner of a 1991 16V, colour: gris perlé to replace my 1991 GTi 8V. It has done about 224.000 kilometres, runs fine, but is just givin' me some headaches because of a very irregular idle run. I've already replaced some sensors and the air flow meter, tested different ecu's, but the problem still isn't fully gone. So I guess this will still keep me busy for a while.
Here are some pics.

And this is the old grey lady she's replacing:
BX 16V Mk2 gris perle
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

Used to have a silver one myself lovely car , also had a grey one too , what's wrong with the grey lady ? Mark
bearwil
Tick Over

Post by bearwil »

Hi Mark. There's nothing wrong with the grey lady, apart from some coolant hose that let's me down every now and then. And I've always loved her because this officially is a phase 2 with a kat, but a previous owner has replaced the engine with the old 'dirty' one so I have a few horses and a huge amount of torque more than it should have. It's just that I've always wanted to own a 16V and finally found one I liked.
BX 16V Mk2 gris perle
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

I have had 4 bx16v's and 1xgti , just been looking to get another one but I could not find a nice one , I have very recently bought a 1995 Zx16v in green with one owner from new , it's a fantastic car and i'm just in the process of doing a few jobs on her , service , k&n filter , new Bosch battery and a new set of toyo Tyres , I would love another bx but I don't think the wife would be too happy as I also have a Citroen dispatch hdi van , I know it seems a bit out of place with me having a zx16v on here but the zx16 net forum is VERY quiet and everyone on here seem very helpful , thanks , Mark
bearwil
Tick Over

Post by bearwil »

At least it's a Citroën and the engine is quite at its place on this forum.
BX 16V Mk2 gris perle
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

looks good fella,
not so sure ont he wheels though, think they need to be a little bigger maybe to pull of the design????
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
bearwil
Tick Over

Post by bearwil »

The wheels are standard 14 inches. I know bigger ones are possible but then you get quite modern design and I feel that this car deserves period rims.
BX 16V Mk2 gris perle
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Welcome to the forum :D

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
bearwil
Tick Over

Post by bearwil »

Thank you! The only thing that strikes me is that this forum is less active than some Dutch forums, (fora, fori?) though the English speaking part of the world is a tad bigger than the Dutch one. But I guess that the cause is simple: this is an exclusive 16V owners one, and we are, whatever language is our mother tongue, a very small minority of advocates of great taste, at least in the cars we love to drive.
BX 16V Mk2 gris perle
Matt H
Tick Over

Post by Matt H »

That really does look nice. I think the wheels do look a little small, but all 14" wheels do on a Phase 2. I remember mine had a set similar to those when my Dad first bought it all those years ago. swapped them for the standard Speedlines in the end, but 15 inch suit the Phase 2 best in my opinion.

The old GTi reminds me of my old BX 14 (Before a fitted a Phase 2 kit to it)too:
bearwil
Tick Over

Post by bearwil »

Yes indeed, she could be the Grey Lady's sister, even though she's missing the fog lights and has the steering wheel at the wrong side of the car. :)
BX 16V Mk2 gris perle
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

bearwil wrote:has the steering wheel at the wrong side of the car. :)
oooooh! thats fighting talk that is!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :D
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
bearwil
Tick Over

Post by bearwil »

Nope, that isn't war, that's semantics as I have explained numerous times to my highly regarded British friends. What's the opposite of right? Wrong! So if we drive at the right side of the road, you.... :lol:
BX 16V Mk2 gris perle
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

haha! but on that basis as our steering wheels are on the Right side of the car yours are on the wrong side..................:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :P
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
bearwil
Tick Over

Post by bearwil »

That's somewhat peculiar. Your steering wheel is on the right side of the car if you drive on the wrong side of the road. Where's the logic? :lol:
BX 16V Mk2 gris perle