Look what I just bought

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
ollie
4000 rpm

Look what I just bought

Post by ollie »

19RD- looks like it hasn't been cleaned for about 10 years which is coincidentally as long as my friend has owned it!
I've been servicing it from time to time so as he is now into end game of cancer he thought of me which was very good of him.
Only wanted 200 quid which is very fair, and now I discover it has 9 months tax left and a full tank of diesel which makes the car portion about 30 quid - bargain.

My plan is to smarten it up and wax the shell and transfer the best of my spares etc into it to make a 16v without ABS. The colour code is EWT and I was wondering if that was a 16v colour or not? as I'd rather not get involved in a colour change at this stage and I don't mind white, as they stay a lot cooler in summer :lol:
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Bargain. Not too dissimilar to my TGD - my daily hack.

Yes EWT (blanc meije) is also a 16V colour, both my 16v and my TGD are this colour.
Now listen here you mullet...
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Very nice Ollie.

Will you fit the 16V bodykit or keep it as a 160bhp sleeper 8)

I drove past your house the other week, I was on a business trip to see a client on Groveley Lane, your extension is coming along well :D

Dougaldog has 16 valved a Hurricane and he has insurance issues, ,might be worth bearing that in mind or speaking to him.

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

Mike,

The biggest issue was what the DVLA classified the car as. In the end I could only classify the car as a modified Hurricane. WIth this hindsight it would have been easier to keep the car without the effort of fitting a bodykit and surprising a few individuals......

Insurance wise Adrian Flux came up trumps but it's nowhere as 'cheap' to insure as a standard valver.

Nevermind, have a genuine valver now.

DG.
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Very nice might be stretching it bit! but I had thought about leaving the look exactly as is, complete with diesel dribble down the side!! in reality though I only need one spare car and I still need to finish that extension :lol: so It'll stay standard for now and slowly morph as I have the time. insurance is no issue as I'm on motor trade, but either way it is less of an issue than no insurance which seems to be the long term death for the grey one :(

More importantly the Long term Lotus has now left the building

not complete quite as I still need a few bits of trim and the stripes but its driving and MOT'd and whilst power is identical to the 16v the steering is telepathic and the ride abysmal by comparison - a proper hooligan car and enormous fun in the wet :lol:
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

Ive got a series 2 beam in moonstone with a silver stripe,absolute class still fast enough to tonk the millenium falcon :D
1991 Citroen Bx 16v phase 2
1972 Vauxhall Viva HC 16v C20XE
1993 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
1983 Vauxhall Chevette 2.0 Pinto
1991 Lada Riva (still having ideas)
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Roundabouts are great and acceleration is pretty awesome, but A to B on real roads anything modern will trounce it simply beacuse they stay attached to the ground! The engine note is fantastic and feels like it'll pull a house down, the grin factor is great just a shame I'd go deaf!! good job its back in the hands of its real owner whose other car really is a TVR.

ollie