Hello all! me and my BX 16V

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Leobx16v

Hello all! me and my BX 16V

Post by Leobx16v »

hello there fellow BXers im new on the valver site but i am on the BX club website and ive been looking around for a high pressure pump and i just want to know if they are a 16 valve only or are they used on other BX's but anyway heres some pics of my 16 valve

i know theres alot of pics but i thought i get you guys a good look at her :)
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Welcome to the forum and glad to see that you've made it over to here from the BxClub forum.

The car looks nice and red, how pink was it when you bought it :?:

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Leobx16v

Post by Leobx16v »

well it wasnt pink it was red but a turtlewax red and im in the middle of respraying body panels but with a laquer finish so it will never fade!!! hahaha
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

Welcome along , that's a nice looking unmolested 16v , used to have one myself in the very same colour 8)

Mark
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

nice motor fella! tidy example!!
welcome to the Forum too!!!

now, iirc hp pumps are the same through out the range But! 16v's have a different pulley on them to the rest,
my good welsh mate who's Mad on Citroens alays suggest malcom lockwood for pumps etc. (01274640590 07966629633) but they arnt cheap iirc, but cold give him a shout and see!

i 'think' Vanny ran a Xant one on his for a while?? not a direct replacement form the hose connecters i seem to remember?? hope fully he'll wonder along spurned on by the thought of a Shiny Red Valver and correct me Dreckly! :wink:
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Nice :D See air-con controls too, so super rare in the UK!

Thought the pump on the 16V was mounted on the opposite side from non 16V so requires a much longer pipe run from tank to pump?
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

I remember having a red valver, once very long ago.

I did have a xantia pump, but on a derv engine, mounted in the same place a valver has the alternator (with the alternator further down, and the diesel pump above). You can't use this setup on the valver. I'm sure i have seen someone in europe has managed to put a Xantia pump on a valver in the 'normal' place above the gearbox, but it looked like a whole custom bracket had been made!

The hose issue was the high pressure feed to the PAS, Xantias have a 6mm(ish) feed while the BX has a 3.5mm(ish). The Xantia pump obvious does away with the FDV, so i hade to make up an adapter from the 6mm pipe to the 3.5mm PAS union.