Put some miles on the 16V this year

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Mike P

Put some miles on the 16V this year

Post by Mike P »

I got the car it's MOT and 6 months tax at the start of May.

Just done the SORN declaration as I put the car away for the winter at the end of October when the 6 months has ran out and this year I have put on the car:

254 miles :P

More than half of that was going to the CCC national meet.

Always next year :lol:

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

That is low Mike , I thought mine was low at 1700 miles but that seems high now :wink: , would love a good look around your valver Mike at a show next year it sounds a cracker

Mark
hilarystone
Tick Over

Post by hilarystone »

I really like to drive my cars – I've done 1500 miles in the last four weeks in the valver. And about 1700 in my other cars.
Hilary Stone

1985 Citroen CX Turbo diesel ambulance, 1985 Citroen Visa 17RD, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1953 Jowett Javelin, Citroen BX GTI 4x4, Citroen BX Sport, Citroen BX Van 16V

www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

I put over 10,000 km's on my S14 this spring and summer :cry:

Easy to do here tho as everywhere involves at least a 20 km drive!

Will probably barely use it next year, will help keep the km's down and I have plans to fulfil.
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Mark,

It would be nice to meet you and the Zx some time next year.

Hilary,

Welcome to the forum. I saw that you joined the Bxclub forum a few days ago. What is the colour and history of your car. Is it a Phase 1 :?: :D

Jez,

I work with a guy who lived in Canada till 5 years ago. He told me that once his girlfriend took him out to go bowling at the nearest alley.......3.5hrs drive each way :!:

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

I think our Valver has done a couple of runs from Cheddar to Weston Super Mare, with maybe 4 runs to the tip in Cheddar when my dad wanted to get rid of garden rubbish that wouldn't fit in his A4........

I haven't bothered asking about mileage, but if the weather is nice and the tax hasn't expired I may dig it out of the garage for a little blast when we're down visiting my parents place while they're away on a cruise :lol:

Can't fit the baby seat in it so will just be me and what little juice is in the tank :roll:

I have a feeling the valver may frighten me a little after driving my S8 for the past year - bit like when I went from a '68 Cortina to a Mk1 Golf GTI and back again!
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Ok, not the Valver (which has done a massive 14 miles in the last 4 years - all on the end of a tow rope) but the TD has done a faultless 20k in 10 months... Well, faultless until the cam snapped - twice! :roll:

BX's, of all guises... You gotta love 'em! :lol:
Now listen here you mullet...
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

My 16v has recorded about 2k miles this year so far, although it could be twice that really as I didn't get the speedo working until May!
Jayridium
Tick Over

Post by Jayridium »

I'm up at 1100 miles in two and a half weeks, - granted nearly six hundred of them were on the cars maiden voyage from its previous home to my place.....