Gotta love the bx

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Anonymous

Gotta love the bx

Post by Anonymous »

as i have already said i just bought a bx 16v today and i just cant get over how much fun it is!! been smiling all day!!! obliterated a astra gte on the way home even gave him a lil headstart the 16v just eats up the road. I paid £900 for mine its on a K plate and came w/a brand new mot and 6mths tax it also has a meatier front bumper on it ad it was biffed by the prevoius owner. Its red and is an absolute minter throughout, I have always been into my jap stuff had civis mr2's mazdas etc couple of golfs too but none of them comapre to the range of power my mi 16 produces and the grunt is awesome plan on tinting the windows and then just enjoying it. Only thing is the secondary rev limiter which is provided by the mrs so when shes at work thats when i go looking for billy bolt on boy racers to teach them a bx 16v driving lesson they seem to be learning the hard way! mate of mine has a pug 205 mi 16 with coilys and piper fast road cams which provides much more of a challenge but he drives hard and the consequences are his car spends a lot of time in its garage!! I really feel enlightended by the bx way of life !

can someone tell me the bhp of my car its standard but thats plenty!!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi, and welcome to the club.
BHP depend on whether its catted or not. No cat = 160BHP; Catted (low compression = 148BHP (I think).
Since yours is a late car 'k' plate it may well have a cat.

Cheers
Anonymous

love it

Post by Anonymous »

ok cheers also know any where i can get a driver side headlamp glass? mines a bit shy!! gotta love it makes me wanna go out right now although alcohol consumption prevents!!!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The glass isn't a seperate item you need a full headlamp unit. Try GSF or Eurocar parts. £25 + VAT at GSF.

Cheers
martyn
3000 rpm

Post by martyn »

ECP have the Lucas one at £13 +vat
Toddman
Administrator

BX

Post by Toddman »

Hi and welcome to the club :D

If you want some specs for your car go to the mainsite here -
http://www.bx16valve.co.uk/

And look at Sales Info there are some detailsed brochures to download and loads of info in there in general.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Anonymous

my bx

Post by Anonymous »

Hi and thanks all for the information will try this out
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

Hi Baz, and a BIG welcome to the club/forum 8)

Sounds like you got a decent deal there, a K 'could' have a cat, but only one is known of in this country so far - so have a look underneath, if not, then you have a healthy 160BHP on tap :twisted:

Dan
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Welcome matey!
glad you've found the potential of the ol' car!! I knwo exactly what you mean by secondry limter!!! mine drops it by about 1500rpm!! :D
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Anonymous

loves it

Post by Anonymous »

Tell me about it!!! does any one know how to set the suspension up to further enhance its conering ability? also what do u reccomend in the way of engine mods??
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

lukes the one for the supsension mods! (and engine too as it happens!!:D)
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Anonymous

mods

Post by Anonymous »

ok will try to get hold of him mate cheers
Toddman
Administrator

mods

Post by Toddman »

I think most mods I have doen are now in the garage section but I would definitely looj at catcams these days froim what I have heard and seen

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch