Hi from a new member of the club

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Jayridium
Tick Over

Hi from a new member of the club

Post by Jayridium »

Hi - I thought it was best to introduce myself, my name is Jay, I was on the old bx club forums as The_Death_Wolf years and years ago...

My first car was a BX14RE with the old visa engine that I re-piped with kunifer piping from pleiades (are they still trading?) put new spheres and rear arm bearings on,etc etc... The only reason I dont have that car now is some thieving so and so, believed to be a traveller, stole it out of my workshop while I was in the middle of respraying it.

During the restoration project that was my first BX I was a regular contributor to the original BX Club forum under the name The_Death_Wolf and even attended a meet of the 16v section near redditch in winter 2002/3 then went to GTi Show where Chris J White won a show and shine award about the time he had just finished the independent throttle body conversion, or was it carbs delorto 45's ring a bell. And that was despite living miles away in Scotland, while serving a ban, I tagged along with another couple of well known members on here - Vanny and Andy C and his wife Becky.

A couple of years ago I was in touch with Phil C about possibly tagging along to the Alan Smith memorial run in my MR2 but unfortunately I ended up stuck on a project that meant I was spending too much time on an oil rig to be able to disappear off on holiday to the BX-Agon trip without leaving the wife and kids feeling neglected. Katy (my wife) used to have a BX TZD years ago and only got rid of it when some idiot T-Boned it. We have both been talking about a BX again and kind of decided to sell her scooby and buy a valver to keep as part of the modern classic collection.

I've wanted to buy a 'valver as since helping my mate restore his golf MKII GTI 8v I've had a hankering for a retro hot hatch to add to my collection of cars, (late model x308 XJR - MR2 mk2 JGTC replica - 1939 P2 Rover - microcar Virgo HSE Luxe). I've recently returned to the BX fold having bought the silver Phase 2 from car and classic,

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C324352

Sadly upon collection of the car its a bit scruffier than those pictures suggest,and she has a few small niggles to sort in time; but I am planning to give her a full respray in the spring and in the interim run her as part of my car collection giving her a running restoration.

I currently have a 560sqft work shop for looking after our cars in and am about to move into a 800sqft workshop with a separate 600sqft spray booth. Rattling around the back of the old workshop is some Citroen stuff I'd like to offer up for free, IIRC theres a set of dash panels, gauges etc, when I unearth them during the workshop move, as I am in the midst of moving my workshop to new larger premises...
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

Welcome along , I was very tempted by this silver valver to go with my Zx16v , it sounds a very solid car and there were a few spares with it too , I'm looking forward to some pics and details , a pretty good buy imo .

Mark
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Hi Jay and welcome back ish to the forum,

I do remember your old user name from the dim and distant past, nice to see your interest in the 16V renewed.

Keep us posted on progress with the car, it will motivate me to get on with my winter projects.

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV