Another well-known valver about to bite the dust

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Hmm, not a million miles from Bristol. I'll discuss with you on PMs but I am snowed under with work for the next few weeks so everyone else will have a crack at it first, I dare say, which is fair enough.

Definitely after a downpipe though, so PM me a price for that. I could have that couriered if you can pack it up. As long as it's good to the end of the split, it'll do - the main thing is I need one that hasn't split at the top of the split, if you see what I mean!

Rob
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Ok Rob, I'll check it out once the engine comes out and let you know if the split is split :lol:
Jeth
Tick Over

Post by Jeth »

I would be interested in that front bumper (or just a grill from it)

Nothing else comes to mind :roll:
BX 16V -89 "lowrider"
Xantia HDi -99
dalhousie2008
Tick Over

Post by dalhousie2008 »

I think that's the same grey as mine, I wonder what mine is like underneath, it's been dry stored for a decade, so fingers crossed its ok.

I may need some parts off yours rich if still available, have to get the Volvo out of workshop then I can start. Quite looking forward to it!!

Still at least you made good use of the car
Sweet 16 (valve)

Post by Sweet 16 (valve) »

Its always a shame when a car that looks good on the face of it gets broken, but I can understand why.

I have been involved in old VWs and they can rust let me tell you, but the difference is the cars are often worth the money you put into them on the resale market later on and the repair panels are easily available, ie. you can justify doing the work because you might even make a few bob selling it later on, or that's what you'll tell the Mrs anyway 8).

If you can get and store every useable bit off it then it will not be all lost, its the people that just send the thing off to the scrappy to get crushed are the pains in the a$$, I can tell from this thread you are not happy having to do it but life/family/reality is difficult to ignore!

I will certainly be checking over any BX I look over to see if its gone in these places you've kindly photo'd.

Cheers mate