How many active members?

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Still about and still have 3 Bxs!
Am using a 1.4 every day and even started fitting a few basic 16v bits to it this week.....
Check the site for activity regularly but I fall into the category of 30 something with kids so have far less time to mess about than I did.
Kind of agree with the idea of combining forces with the normal Bx club with so much being common and and my liking all things that leak green fluid.
Ollie
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Still part own the phase 1 valver with my dad - one day it will get proper garage queen status and get the bodywork sorted. In the meantime it's still probably one of very few more or less original unmolested early valvers left in the UK so it's staying put :)
MoRtYMer
3000 rpm

Post by MoRtYMer »

Hi, still have my 16valve, was my daily driver for 8 years and I've put 100k km in it since I bought it (has 230k now). It has seen less km's in the last months since I bought a CX Athena with LPG for a daily driver (crazy I know), and has (the 16v) some stuff to sort out, paint, and the HP pump needs reparing.
hilarystone
Tick Over

Post by hilarystone »

Still use my 16V regularly – I've done almost 30000 miles in it over the past two years...
Hilary Stone

1985 Citroen CX Turbo diesel ambulance, 1985 Citroen Visa 17RD, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1953 Jowett Javelin, Citroen BX GTI 4x4, Citroen BX Sport, Citroen BX Van 16V

www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Nearly 10 years i've had my 16V now, unfortunately been sat in the garage for the past 6 of them mid-transformation!

Still rocking around in a BX though as a second car.
Now listen here you mullet...
fnep
Tick Over

Post by fnep »

Atleast its still on life support ;-)

Until you declare it dead we all still hopes and pray for it ;-)

Mine sat for 3 years and has just recently been introduced to the world again but it hasnt forgot how to outrun the other hot hatches out there hehe.
The bx way of life
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Mine is still in occasional use, ever other weekend or so to the tip (the long way) at least. It's recently had a trip down to Southampton as well, so at least it got to stretch its legs.

Unfortunately it has been (temporarily) evicted from the house, and after a month or so parked on the lawn, it's not been promoted to the drive.

It's currently on its longest stint ever with the same engine in place! Nearly 6 years now.
frog
3000 rpm

Post by frog »

Mine is on stands awaiting me to get stuck into the octopus job, as well as heater tap manifold and driveshaft boot.

I did build a new shed for it though!

New Shed by tyro.chris, on Flickr
karls16v
Tick Over

How many members

Post by karls16v »

I have a ph2 16v however I rarely use it as I just love looking at it too much, sad I know! In 2014 I aim to tidy up the bodywork and it will be at the NEC classic car show.