Bx Colours

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
karls16v
Tick Over

Bx Colours

Post by karls16v »

Hi guys

Getting ready to respray my red 91 16v, I want to find out the correct colour name. From what I can see there were various shades of red used on the Bx. Mine currently is quite a bright red, I'm after the red that was used in the press launch adverts etc for the 16v. This red seems more richer looking, perhaps it was the photography used? Either way the car has to look perfect and be the authentic colour. I could use the code, however it comes up with various shades.

Does anyone have a picture/and the correct name?

Many thanks
Karl
Kitch
5000 rpm

Re: Bx Colours

Post by Kitch »

It's called Venetian Red, and the code is EJX.

HTH :)
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Kitch is correct.

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

I know Kitch has told me many many times before, but what is the difference between Venetian Red and Rogue Furio? Is it just a translation thing?

My paint code is EJX cs (cs being the shade) and all the paint i have ever ordered (including touch up pens from Citroen) comes back as 'Rogue Furio' and it is a perfect match for my car.
karls16v
Tick Over

Post by karls16v »

Thanks guys

I thought is was Venetian Red, however as above I'm sure there are various shades and I too have seen Rouge Furiou mentioned. If there was only Venetian Red then i may have it tinted slightly to make it richer, however sure the paint will look richer anyway when it's new. What I don't want is a cheap looking pale red.

Many thanks
Karl