2017 Who is on the road?

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Re: 2017 Who is on the road?

Post by Timmo »

Unsurprisingly, mine is still absolutely no way close to being on the road! However, i did buy a cover for it to Stop people knocking on the door asking if its for sale! Oh, i thought it just a BX! ;)
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

No, I haven't put Bertie on the road but his clone will hopefully be out there soon. "The Clone" is actually a 4x4, it is a white hatchback and has already been mistaken for its more famous brother.

Annoying bit. Who reads the "for sale" section? Recently I asked if anyone would like a parcel shelf and jack kit. No one did, so off they went to the great BX recycling centre. Guess who would like those bits for his latest acquisition?
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

I think that's called Sods law Gary!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Mine is still in pieces, although it does run and drive. I'm pretty sure I'm doing a full respray now, but I'm doing one panel a year . . .

GaryC, there is half a chance I have a parcel shelf, although I seem to remember using one as a sledge then a liner for a skip. Will see if I can get my fat lazy arse out to the shed tomorrow.
hilarystone
Tick Over

Post by hilarystone »

Both the Green 'un and Red 'un are both still on the road doing a reasonable amount of miles though both have been plagued by minor issues, hoses failing etc The Red 'un has done 9000 miles between MOTs and Green 'un 4000…
Hilary Stone

1985 Citroen CX Turbo diesel ambulance, 1985 Citroen Visa 17RD, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1953 Jowett Javelin, Citroen BX GTI 4x4, Citroen BX Sport, Citroen BX Van 16V

www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts