alloys

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

alloys

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hey guys,
i need some info on alloy wheels, does anyone know if tsw 15's that are on a 96 astra, will they fit a 16v? i really need to know as i want to swap my wheels over between my cars.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

If the TSW's are multifitment, ie 8 bolt holes in the wheel, then you should be able to fit them, watching the offset of the wheel of course.

If they are only 4 hole, then the answer to your original question is no. Citroen is Ford hub arrangement (4 x 108pcd) and Vauxhall is different.

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Toddman
Administrator

rims

Post by Toddman »

Off the top of my head I seem to remember that Vauxhall share PCD with VAG like PSA do with Ford so without adaptors they will not fit.

Timmo usually has plenty of alloy info though.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

And you'd also need to be carefull on the rolling radius / circumfrence of the tyres that are currently fitted, to ensure that they match the 195/60/14 fitted to the Bx.

Otherwise the speedo will under/over read.

Mike P.
- - - - -
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi,
thanks for the info 8) . so is it spacers that i need? or something different? where would do them and how much? :? ive never used them before so all info appreciated.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

Mike P

Post by Mike P »

This is what I mean, 4 holes are Ford/Citroen and 4 are Vauxhall/VAG etc:

Courtesy of Tim2cv for the picture.

Mike P.
- - - - -
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

You can see the 20mm spacer in the above picture, it's the shiny section between the disc and dark wheel inner hub.

Try any alloy wheel shop for starters, they will know exactly straight away what you are after. I paid £10 a corner in the past, for a spacer and 4 longer bolts.

Mike P.
- - - - -
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

the wheels is vaux fitment will be 4x100 et 35-45 if they are multi fit then yes they will most likely be 4x100/108 as they are the most common of sizes! 100 = vaux, renault, vw/audi/seat and a couple others i believe where as 108 is ford cit pug and early audi's!

you would need spacers for the wheels as the offsets will need to be reduced significantly! from what ever it is (prolly 35 as most comomn on vaux's!) to bx fitment! 15-20 so looking at 20mm ideally (easiest to get hold of!)! but bear in mind the cost of decent ones! (£40 a pair!! ) you should be able to get hubcentric ones that will have the central bore of the wheel and the central bore of the hub to try and stop vibrations from the spacers!

dont worry about tyre sizes etc as your speedo WILL be out anyway so it will make very little difference!!! 195/50/15's have the same rolling radious as 195/60/14!! end of the day with worn treads it will be different anyways!!
the 17's made my speedo read from 6mph throughout ont he14's to 1.5mph out! so theoretically the bigger wheel the closer to true speed up and to a point! (about 18"!) then it goes the other way!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi guys,
thanks for the info. i will go down the local place and get some soon. will post up pics when its done.

cheers rossco :wink: