BX rare in the UK?

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Anonymous

BX rare in the UK?

Post by Anonymous »

My brother and wife just got back from a holiday in the UK. Wales to be exact. We are both Citroen lovers and he now ownes a Xantia. Parts of his former BX now live on in mine.

I asked him, did you see many bx'es? He said he tried to count them but it stopped at 5 :shock:
And they were for two weeks in the Uk and drove about 3000 km.

He saw a lot of newer citroens but the bx.....is it becoming rare in the UK?

In holland, you also see them less and less but they are still around :wink:

Marc
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Jup, they are getting rarer and rarer over here as well, all 16 valves are parked in my garage anyway, but it's even hard to see an ordinary one.

Cheers

Ziga
Image Don't run your life on diesel
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

I think bx-wise the netherlands are the exception from the rule ;-)
You wont find many bxs over here too. Problem is that most of these cars now belong to people who think of an oil change as an expensive repair (in relation to the purchase price) :roll:
Honda Civic Type S
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

I can't remember the last time I saw a 16V BX on the road. There's quite a few daily drivers local to me - one house has 3 BXs on the drive! Most i see around here are old battered diesels and the occasional ancient 1.6 petrol with solid spheres! Haven't seen an estate for ages either. Couple I do see are K platers - has reminded me that a bloke round the corner has a nice K plate 8V GTI as daily driver
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

In Sweden there are less than 90 BX 16v ph2 left according to the car register. That makes mine a bit rare :)

I thought UK and NL was the big home of all BX´s :)
Mike E (uk)
4000 rpm

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Just got back from the Dordogne valley in France.

( If you enjoy driving, get down there! )

Lots of BXs in daily use, saw quite a few MK1s too.

Nearly all diesel powered. No 16Vs, but saw one GTI.

Lots of AXs, XMs and even the odd DS.
They keep their cars running for many years, but never seem to repair any minor crash damage.

Interesting how 90% of the French owned cars are Citroen, Renault or Pugs.
They certainly support their own car industry.

Mike
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Considering the BX was the best selling fleet car in the late 80s its surprising you dont see any now, as usual people who dont know them are scared of the unknown, but they can prove expensive when they get old (dont we all know) so I imagine many heva been scrapped due to LHM leaks and the dresed tin worm in the boot floor etc.

Most people who own a 16v these days are enthusiats which is a good thing. You wouldnt buy one as a cheap runaabout!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

there are still a fiar amount of them about down here! all practically deisels or gti's! alot of the farmers use them ahs work hacks though! most seem to live on until the speres go hard then they get taken to the yard and left to die loL!
16v's there's a handfull of them that i know of but not many spotted out and about! the only ones i have seen of recent years have been rob's and my old school teachers!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

What´s the most common cars in UK? Vauxhall? (Which is Opel here).

In sweden its Volvo, surprised? :lol:
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

i would say thats a toss up between ford and vauxhall and then peugeot and citroen close behind!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Timmo wrote:i would say thats a toss up between ford and vauxhall and then peugeot and citroen close behind!
That sounds good, i think ill emigrate soon :)
Here you are considered as a complete idiot if you say you have a french car, everyone thinks its the worst cars ever made. :cry:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

In Holland the most common cars are Opel (vauxhal) and VW. These are nr 1 and 2 for decades here....

Citroen is doing better and better :wink:

What the BX is concerned, you see them more and more on the breakersyards :?
But the dutch citroen-forum is great. Also in the bx member section it's very busy. Good to see that also the youth found the bx! I'm 36 so i don't count myself to the youth anymore :mrgreen:
But i'm one of few in holland who is actually pimping his bx instead of talking about it heheh...

Yesterday i got the 16V badges and today i drive to Belgium to get my ph2 frontbumper :!:
Took me 4 months to find it :evil: