BX 16v Register...

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Kitch
5000 rpm

BX 16v Register...

Post by Kitch »

I've been intrigued to find out how many BX 16v's are in existance, and to date the responses and figures have always been vague.
We've got the build figures on some sites, and somewhere I read something like 1270 odd cars in the UK which are registered. We can find out how many where actually made, but how many survive to this day?
And how many of them are owned by people who actually care? Well I've decided to find out!

I'm consructing a register purely for 16v models. I'll keep it simple and just need to following to compile a database....

Owner:
Reg no:
Colour:
ORGA no:
Date you accquired to vehicle:

I'm going to try and push this through as many forums worldwide as I can. Hopefully the CCC will be happy to assist.

Either PM me here or email mantisgt3@hotmail.com

Thanks
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Watcha mate

You registered yours with these guys:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/css/

Would be a good starter for 10, and if you haven't got the password let me know and I'll PM it to you for research purposes

Adrian
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Aaaah, I'd never seen that!

Brilliant! Now I've gone and posted this same request on loads of forums! :roll:

Balls! Have you got the password mate? Knowing me I in fact HAVE already been on here and registered! :?

Dammit!
AlanS
3000 rpm

Post by AlanS »

If you have the time and incentive, this is a very (long winded) interesting subject that I was involved with a while back which brought some very interesting info out of the woodwork.
It's still going, but there's a couple of not very regular posters on there who own cars I didn't even know existed who suddenly got very interested in the backgrounds of their cars, particularly when it seems there may be one or two which were used in motor racing but ended up being sold possibly as new cars or "Dealer Demo" vehicles.
Whilst posting on there may not yield results, my guess is that they may respond to a PM if you sent it to them.

http://www.citroencarclub.org.au/forum/ ... php?t=2048

Alan S
Toddman
Administrator

register

Post by Toddman »

Nice idea Kitch but you will find that people are already en route to a bx16v register.
Vanny has been working with the citsport guys who built a massive register over several years and with the aid of this forum we are updating all the records and once it is all finished Vanny will have a pretty accurate picture of how the land lies.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Luke

Sounds interesting! The cit sport guys are helpful when I've dealt with them in the past. How is the updating being done, as my old phase 2 is still registered to me on their site and I haven't been asked for updated details?

Adrian
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I think the old Cit Sport register is at least 2 years out of date :?:

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Toddman
Administrator

register

Post by Toddman »

Adrian E wrote:Luke

Sounds interesting! The cit sport guys are helpful when I've dealt with them in the past. How is the updating being done, as my old phase 2 is still registered to me on their site and I haven't been asked for updated details?

Adrian
Hi Adrian
Yes Harry and Mikko are very helpfull and I keep in touch with them when I get chance.
I beleive that Vanny is creating a more useable data base of their old information and then he will be trawling through everything to bring it up to date - Vanny has spent a lot of time collecting information on any 16v that appears anywhere :D so has a massive database now.

We will soon be adding a proper registration form for the club which will also help to gathe rnew info and I am sure the existing members will help us by verifying or updating their own info once this is done.

I also know Robin has been busy collecting info as well so between us we should be bale to build a pretty accurate picture.

If Kitch wishes he is more than welcome to add what data he collects so we can al work together on this as I know it is an issue many members are interested in

Cheers
Luke
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Adrian has kindly helped me out and the best I can do now is to work out how many of the cars already registered are still in use.

I'd like to get something going with this, so if anyones wants to work something together that'd be good!

Cheers
Toddman
Administrator

reg

Post by Toddman »

You will benefit from speaking to the CCC as well as I know they run a BX register.
Vanny will be back soon and like I said have a chat with him as he has a lot of the work already done.

Cheers
Luke
Last edited by Toddman on Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonsgot
3000 rpm

Post by jonsgot »

I put mine on there but never got given a password :evil:
1990 BX16V Phase 2.
I made the 1st post.
Toddman
Administrator

register

Post by Toddman »

There is a new registration forum on our mainsite which will help greatly if members could fill it out and submit.

Cheers
Luke