Vital Stats? (Hi, Live from Manchester)

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:D Lots of use thanks csg/Carl, i saw your signature on here before and i think i do recognise the user name, small world.

Yeah it is me, after my adventures on bxclub forum i dared not post any pics of the fleet, but i think its safe. yep heres my reanimated MR2

Its a bit small for me really in the cockpit and it would be too noisy to film with, but has certainly made me pretty bored driving a 1.8 F*** S*****.
I reckon even a TZD will have more punch than the S*****, may be wrong though. i need to do some testing, selling and buying. Economy vs fun! Just like the devil and an angel on each shoulder.

The BMW was just something i had to rule out, a citroen has been on the cards for a while, the BMW was just another daft idea, too daft at the moment anyway, still might sell the '2 later though and buy another in a year or so. Thanks for the comparison.
:D
csg100
3000 rpm

Post by csg100 »

Just to confuse things I'm Carlos on the IMOC forum :)

I had a 2.8 F*** S***** and TBH that wasn't really lightening quick because they're so damn heavy. I'd imagine the BX TD would be as quick if not quicker than a 1.8. Will certainly feel faster.

I had a 205TD for a while whilst I was in economy mode, but that was 8 or 9 cars ago now. Performance is much better :)
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
1988 Volvo 360 GLT (for sale)
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Riiight, makes sense!

My other S word is the lightest one with the lightest engine so thats why i'm not too fussed about performance. however lifes too short as some one said so might aswell get on with it! :lol:
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Hi Reanimation. Get a 16v, seriously, they're rather nice. Especially if you have another car to use when it breaks, although mine's been very reliable so far.

I live in South Manchester and have a red phase 1, G plate. The black K plate in Chorlton doesn't live on this forum, I keep meaning to go and stick a note on the car! It looks pretty rough though, seems to have the 8v interior and it's wearing a phase 1 taligate as well.
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Djoptix,

Yeah I saw that car again, I'll try put a note on some time too.

Great to hear from a local BXer, Thanks to cavmad i have sampled a diesel and a 1.9TD briefly. Passenger rides in a 16v would be returned by a MR2 passenger ride with a bit of roundabout understeer/oversteer, no idea what its gonna do action! :lol:
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

You're welcome to a ride in mine as soon as I have sorted the downpipe out, it wouldn't be at its full potential like it is now...
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Cheers, I have just fuelled up on inspiration off the net too. Too many daft ideas now... :oops:
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

If anybody wants inspiration off the net/daft ideas then take a look here...

(not 56k friendly, be warned! lots of pictures so broadband only)
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

8) The 1.8 turbo Moggy, have seen that before (think there was a link on 205gti) but never the less just shows what can be done with an imagination and dare i say a bit of patiance/cash. :D

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

It's going to be absolutely ridiculous! Apparently the guy doing it once worked at Cosworth so he knows what he's doing. I love it - it's going to look fantastic as well as going like greased weasel sh*t. Great blend of retro and new pimped looks.
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
Toddman
Administrator

moggy

Post by Toddman »

I used to follow the moggy minor scene very closely when I first started driving.
My m,ate had a Rover V8 moggy pickup for drag racing which used to launch sideways and it was road legal :shock:
There was also a Rover V8 powered traveller with the badges changed to major instead of minor and at the time construction of a small block chevvy powered moggy was underway with the aim of becoming the quickest moggy in the country.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

http://citroenid19hotrod.blogspot.com/
something a bit closer to home!!! but uber cool!!!

that moggy is cool! proper sleeper!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That Moggy sx has done the rounds but it does take guts to chop up two decent cars!

Loving the Citroen. If I entered and won the lotto i'd love to make crazy stuff every day.
jan
Tick Over

Post by jan »

The definite 8)
BX16V '88, BXGTI '90. And '00 Xantia HDI.
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

The very fact that you're here discussing the things tells me you want one!! go on do it you'll never look back,( except to see who you've left behind!)
The rides not harsh for filming, still much better than lots of moderns and the economy difference isn't much, one benefit of the power is you don't feel the need to thrash it all the time..
Have a TD for sale with 16v kit as well as 2 16v and its the 16v that stay! get 40 mpg on a long run in the 16, and only 45 in the TD? and I know which is fun.
If fuel is an issue get a gas kit, halves the fuel bill and the engines generally run fine, though I haven't done mine yet! but I did like my berlingo which was about 6.5 p/ mile when thrashed... and only 10p/mile with 2 tonnes on