Guessing game - please join in!

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
martyn
3000 rpm

Post by martyn »

mine were the smoked tint before the prang but were replaced with the green variety which I now prefer against the gleaming white paint, though I didn't notice the colour change 'till weeks after getting the car back :roll:
Tim2cv
3000 rpm

Post by Tim2cv »

I like the clearer ones.... Just need to find a right hand side one now to match. (anyone?)

Tyres are Toyo, cheapest i could find on an H rating. £39.99 fitted etc...

Tim
2CV6 1986
AKS 400 Super ;o) 1300cc!
Ami 8 1971
Xantia Exclusive credit crunch 2.0
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

thats a damn good price on toyo's matey!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

got a mint set of the green ones in the garage (swapped for some smoked ones to someone), will be bringing them to the Startford meet if your coming?

It DOES have an exhaust gasket, that one you have is a spare. All the nuts and bolts down the back are the correct ones and all fully in (some are even locktited (more fool you :D ), the only ones that where actively left off are the ones for the intake manifold, and only the big ones! There are two smallish bolts sat on the front subframe (well there where) dropped these so replaced like for like!

If you've found wheel bolts, does that mean you dont need the rest of them back ? Billy kindly lent 6 of them to me to get to france on (only had 10 in total the day before i left :( )!
Tim2cv
3000 rpm

Post by Tim2cv »

I've borrowed the bolts off Ian until he fits tyres to his alloys and them on he car... I'll get some off the scrappy. shouldnt be hard to find.
Gaskets fitted and most of the bolts. 1 bolt and washer missing, 2 nuts and washers missing but can get some from the local shops. need to go to my dads after the scrap yard after work then get my torque wrench and a small plug socket as the one i have is massive, then its fitting of last few bits and sort the fan then running by the wknd i hope! MOT next week with any luck all being well and strut top leak fixing!
I will be ok with the lights thankyou, i'll empty my tool box then pay for a switch or something... lol!

Cheers Vanny

TIM
2CV6 1986
AKS 400 Super ;o) 1300cc!
Ami 8 1971
Xantia Exclusive credit crunch 2.0
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

3: the long screws are for the foglights. I know because last week i used them for my own bumper :wink:
Toddman
Administrator

lights

Post by Toddman »

The smoked lights were added to the 16v at the time smoked lights were introduced to the BX range. It was just an across therange facelift sort of thing.

I did write an article about the BX MK2 history for the website but never used it and now don't know where I stored it but I did send Vanny a copy some time ago so he may still have it.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

will off go hunting luke, i have them somewhere!
Toddman
Administrator

history

Post by Toddman »

Thanks to Vanny I now have recovered my BX history and the smoked rear lights were brought in at the same time the P2 was introduced but this was due to a cosmetic revamping of the BX range which also lead to the introduction of the P2.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Indeed they were Luke, along with new wheeltrims across the range (except for the 14TE), and a few new uphostery options.