Gear box speed sensor

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Simran
4000 rpm

Gear box speed sensor

Post by Simran »

Does anyone know if any citroens/peugeots use a similar BE gearbox to our 16v ones but with an electronic speed sensor instead of a cable fitted? Im planning out a new set of gauges and dials and id like a digital speedo readout and rev counter. I was thinking if any newer cars have a module that would fit into an older box, i would be able to use the clocks from something like a xsara picasso or C2 possibly. Its just an idea at the moment so im just trying to work out whether it would be possible.

Cheers
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Saxos have an electronic one which can be directly interchanged with the mechanical AX ones, and the AX ones look mighty similar to BX ones.
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

Sweet, cheers Kitch, i'll look into that
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Xantias have an electronic dash and hence an electric pickup, i think i have one in the garage for a similar purpose (make an electronic dash). Apparently there is a version which is both manual and electronic, possibly on a CX, but i'm sure someone would know!
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

xsaras and berlingos use the interchangeable sensors to fit the BE box

Ollie
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

LAte model ZX, Xsara's, Xantia's all use electronic speedos and they all fit into the speedo recess without any mods. just reuse the plastic gear.
Manual and autos all the same...